TexturePacker.exe -dupecheck question
Hi guys, I'm trying to find some documentation for TexturePacker.exe, more specifically the '-dupecheck' switch. Does this switch prevent the same image under different names to be compressed? E.g. I have six images of a DVD, it's the same image under different names; cover.png, Cover1.png, Cover6.png. So would TexturePacker with a -dupecheck prevent this image from being compressed six times? If so, how does it reference the image when it hasn't been compressed?

Thank you.
it stores 6 entries in the index (the different file names) all pointing to the same data.
Spiff, thank you. I think I'll update the wiki on this. One other question if you don't mind; I've optimised all my PNG files using various Linux tools, but I've noticed that the compression disregards this and renders the compressed output file the way it wants. For instance, a regular PNG file of 700kb, optimised (removal of meta data and other elements but not decreasing the quality or size of the image) becomes 300kb, yet the TexturePacker still renders it at slightly higher than 700kb. Is there a reason for this?
yes, the texture packer does not store it as a png. it tries to use texture compression (dxtc) unless we fail a least square tolerance test. if the test fails, it's stored as raw argb. at the end, a (fast) lzo compression is applied. simply put it's optimized for speed, not space.
Thank you so much Spiff.

I can see a wiki page for the Custom Icon Library Nodes here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...ent=safari but is there a full list lurking about anywhere? I'm developing a theme from scratch optimised for Apple TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TexturePacker.exe -dupecheck question0