Configurable menu structure
hi all,

as always, i think xbmc is the best. :kickass: but if i could make a suggestion, it would be to make it a better overall dashboard replacement. i think there are only a few things that really are missing from it being a great dashboard.

one is that there is no preview videos. i know its kind of a silly thing, but my family and friends like the preview videos in mxm. it would be cool if a new control was created that could be added to the theme. show the preview videos or thumbnail if a video is not available.

second and more importantly would be the ability to make the menus more customizable. i started to work on my own skin, thinking that this would allow me to customize the menus. it does to a degree. however, even with edits to the xbmc xml file and the skin xml files, i really could not accomplish what i want. the ability to add multiple menu items that are equivalent to my programs or my music, etc. that would allow me to point them to different content. for example, if i want seperate menu options for games vs, apps, vs tools. and if i want seperate sub menu options for different types of audio or video.

it wouldnt hurt to either make skinning a little easier, or make a tool to make skinning a little easier. i think you would see more skins that way...

just my 2 cents....

thx,
sdg
good idea :thumbsup:
allready being added as you speak

patch availble now on sf but might be cvs soon we will see
"allready being added as you speak"!!!!! ahhhwwwww!!! sweeeeet!!!!

:bowdown:

i will wait ever so patiently..... ok, is it in cvs yetHuh?

right... sorry... being patient... patient, patient, patient...

ok, i can't stand it anymore... is it in the cvs yetHuh

:joker:

but seriously, sounds good, i'll be looking forward to seeing what comes out...

thanks,
sdg
this looks really interesting :d

i cant seem to find this patch on sf though
|vibez|,

i think the patch that britneyspairs was talking about is this one: "1084032" - "activatewindow with path/bookmark"

which appears to be related to this thread: "on button scroller"

it looks like it addresses the part of my post related to having a more configurable menu, not the preview videos. which is cool, because this one is more important to me anyway. currently i have two seperate installs of xbmc one on e: and one on f: just so that i can kind of break things out a little better. but looks like this patch is just what i am looking for...

now the only question is... "how do i use itHuh" i assume i have to include the patch with the source and compile them. i could probably pull everything needed together in order to compile but its gonna take some time... not quite as easy as it sounds i'm sure... gonna do some reading now...

thanks again britneyspairs...

regards,
sdg
have to compile with patch in id say it will come to cvs some time soon
Sad 
fyi, preview video is a separate request; see here (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gamester17,

thanks for the additional information...

britneyspairs,

i did not see anything about this new cvs build that said if it included this patch or not. i assume it does not, but i thought i would see if you knew anything about if or when it might be in?

thanks,
sdg
dont know any word on this going into cvs soon ?

please slacker has finished password stuff by looks
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configurable menu structure0