[LINUX] Touchscreen (touch screen) issue only with XBMC?
Sorry about the delay but here is part of my modified /usr/bin/runXBMC script that works in my exopc:

Code:
#  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

if [ "$(pidof xbmc.bin)" ] ; then
        exit
fi

# BEGIN kais 23.1.2011: Otherwise touchscreen doesn't work
export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0
# END kais 23.1.2011: Otherwise touchscreen doesn't work

if [ "$(pidof X)" ] ; then
        /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone
        exit
fi

The code starts just after the comments in the beginning of the file. Only modification that I have made is between #BEGIN and #END tags. Hopefully this helps.

BR
(2011-02-14, 19:59)Blacksheep70 Wrote: ..... At least you have to point the existing auto start for xmbc to the new /usr/bin/runXBMC file.

This looks promising but where would I find that "auto start" for xbmc in XBMCbuntu current (eden?)?
Working fine, but how is the SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0 added to the auto start?
Anyone?
GREAT!!

i just signup now on the forum for search a possible answer for my eeeTOP with same problem; now work fine.

tnx Blacksheep70

(sorry if this its crossposting Tongue )
I have a 17" eGalax touch with a Raspberry Pi. I noticed that most "ubuntu" or "debian" derived Rasp-Pi distros support the touch out of the box which is great. However when using XBMC (since it's running in framebuffer) does not work. I was wondering where I can help (although I'm not a developer) or what I have to do to have the core development team of XBMC to look at this?

Any ideas are welcome...

PS: There a a zillion blogs, tutorials, etc out there discussing how to get it working. Trust me: I've tried them all without any luck (been trying for almost 3 months now :'( ).

Any help, tips, suggestions are welcome!

EDIT: Now a month further down to path I am able to have a working touch by using TSLIB. It works under Qt, under X but remains useless under xbmc. All DSL_ tricks I've tried but none work.

How can I get in touch with someone who can help me? I'm getting desperate here...
I've just registered in the forum for thank you!!! Now my touch works great!!! Smile)
+1 here. Everything working under Ubuntu 12.04LTS with multitouch......... Then XBMC start - No touch recognition at all!

Any help would be wonderful. I am still moving through some ideas but it doesn't look promising.
Hey Jules,

I can confirm I haven't found any solution for that problem as you describe. However I did meanwhile switch the machine behind the touch to an Raspberry Pi and was pointed out to the blog below to provide a solution when using such setup. Perhaps, if you install and play around with uinput-mapper you might find a solution to the problem

http://markamc.cybaman.net/?p=50

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Touchscreen (touch screen) issue only with XBMC?0