Not the same quality as my PS3 + other probs.
Lightbulb 
Hi friends, I'm new here so am looking forward to getting started with XBMC.

I just bought a new media server is based on an Intel H57 motherboard with an intel 540 cpu i3, running Windows 7 HP 32bit. It's using the intel HD gfx card with is onboard.

I'm not happy with the quality when playing back DVD's it looks like old VHS
compared to my PS3 with shows the same movie razor sharp also upscales it.

What can I do here?

It also seems that when I choose dxva2 + automatic adjustment of the framrate there will be some errors every 10 - 30 sec that looks like codec problems. (flickering with lots of colors)

What can i do here?

Is XBMC lackking support for H57 based chipsets, and cant upscale. The Ps3 looks so match better on dvd's - same on HD movies.
could be the onboard video.

I also have a ps3 and i have build a mediacenter with xbmc.
I started with an onboard ati videocard but moved to a geforce gt240 so i could use XBMC live. With that videocard i can't see any difference between the two. I have a 42inch panasonic plasma telly.
martin22cph Wrote:What can i do here?

Upgrade to a real GPU (like one made by Nvidia or AMD).

Let me warn you though, such an upgrade is only gonna improve the quality of HD content. With SD content the PS3 is gonna win because its SPU based upscaling beats what is in XBMC currently.

Heck I will be honest and say the PS3 has one of the best upscalers on the planet. Only way to beat it is other hardware upscalers, like Oppo DVD players.

I have experienced the same issue with video quality in the past, when I was using the on-board video, GeForce 7050V I think. Image quality was much improved when I put a real card in my machine and turned on DXVA. The HD stuff looks as good as the PS3 now. The PS3 still is the king when it comes to SD material. Fortunately, most of the stuff I watch is HD now.
ffdshow with the Lascoz resizer can match the PS3 but you need to use the DS Player branch and some CPU power since the upscaling is done on the CPU.
SpectreX Wrote:ffdshow with the Lascoz resizer can match the PS3 but you need to use the DS Player branch and some CPU power since the upscaling is done on the CPU.

Is there a guide on how to setup ffdshow and increase video quality.

Will ffdshow need to be started with the pc as first thing to load is XBMC.

I have some poor quality xvid playback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not the same quality as my PS3 + other probs.0