[MAC] Portable Install of XBMC for Mac? Want to move *all files* to external HDD
I want to put my entire XBMC installation on an external HDD (including the Library, Program, and XBMC Application Support folder.) The goal is to be able to plug the HDD into any Mac and run XBMC without any reconfiguration. Library and XBMC.app seem to be the easy part--the library is user-definable and XBMC.app really doesn't care where you run it from--but my snagging point is the Application Support folder. Is there any way to redefine where XBMC looks for the user data?

I don't want to make a Live installation instead; my iMac is running all the time and it's much easier to simply launch XBMC than to boot another OS.
Not possible? I hope there's at least a way to do a multi-user install like you can with the Windows version of XMBC. At least then I can run XBMC from my own user account or my wife's without having to log her out.
Seriously? Nothing? I expected a bit more customizability from open-source software...

On to the feature-request board!
make symlinks Smile
That should work for multiple user accounts on the same machine at least--providing the OS doesn't change file permissions on me (as it does for Minecraft Server for some reason...)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Portable Install of XBMC for Mac? Want to move *all files* to external HDD0