MCE remote slow..
Downloaded the latest XBMC freak liveCD.. Maverick v2 Everything works but the remote response is slow. Have to hit buttons like 2-3 times to get it to respond.. Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I have the exact same problem and am searching for a possible solution. Not using freak liveCD, though. My system is Myth 10.10 (Maverick) along with xmbc 10.00~svn35648 (team-xbmc-svn/ppa).
Running a USB key to boot the Dharma live CD, I haven't really used my MCE Remote for a LONG time, but it is functioning pitifully.

The button presses often seem to work the first time, but there seems to be some sort of build-up and the remote then becomes quite useless. To explain, I can scroll through the first 5-10 files in a directory but then the scrolling gets slow, eventually stops. At that point I need to wait a few seconds, scroll down one, and repeat.

Same goes for changing the volume, it works fine for the first 10-15%, then it stops, then I need to change the volume bit by bit. Exhausting. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Thumbs Up 
Hey guys.. I just had the same situation after I updated to ubuntu 10.10, I don't know the exact issue, I even post a thread asking for help, but at the end I decide to switch back to 10.04 seems as far as I know is the same as the 10.10 since most of the major changes between this two version were made to the desktop enviroment.. I'm not expert that's just based in my observations. once you switch to 10.04 your problem will be solved. no lag at all in your remote.Big GrinNod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote slow..0