Slight pause in videos with srt subtitles
I've been using Dharma and I love it, but one thing I've noticed since XBMC moved from 9.11 to 10 is that the video pauses/skips slightly when srt subtitles are rendered, similar to the way it would if you call up the menu or video information while the video is playing (at least this is what happens on my ION systems). This does not happen with ass/ssa subtitles.

I've fiddled with xorg configurations and output settings, and while some improved the problem, it was still there. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there something I can change to fix this? I really don't want to have to demux/convert/remux the subs to get around this.
I have confirmed this issue with more powerful hardware was well: A Core i3 530 with a GT240 does the same thing. So the problem is not with the ION platform.
Have you figured a solution to this problem yet? I have also noticed it. The problem is actually getting worse for me, because once you noticed it, it became really obvious ;(
The only way I can stop it is to either turn the subtitles off or convert them to ass/ssa.
FWIW, the windows version doesn't have this problem.
I have this problem with some mkv files that contains subtitles in the container. If i find a srt file and place it outside the mkv in the same folder the problem disappears.
I just tried that with mixed results. I still got the pause when the subtitles were utf-8, but when I saved them as ANSI the pausing stopped, at least on my i3 system. The ION systems still exhibit the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slight pause in videos with srt subtitles0