ReInstall Live
I've been searching forums, but can't find anything. I did an upgrade from 9 - 10 on my xbmc-live. I have found that I have a lot of database errors. I have no problem with a totally clean xbmc install, but I haven't found a good way of doing that. I really do not want to completely format the machine because I have done a lot of work getting the video drivers to work the way I want and the smb shares the way I want. I'm not a big linux person but learned enough to do all of that.

I have tried doing the sudo apt-get purge xbmc-live and even did the autoremove to get rid of all the dependencies. I thought I got rid of everything, but when I reinstall, the database hasn't changed, I still have all the errors. Is there a way to reinstall the database to a clean start?

Thanks for any help.
IMO It would be nice to have a latest fresh install anyway.

Try the latest LIVE and see if the SMB, video and remote control is to your satisfaction. If so go ahead and fresh install, format and all. If you have SMB setup on the server end correctly it should be seamless after the install. No setup required other than adding the SMB share (add network location, Dont try to let it find the SMB by itself).
histry,

there is an xbmc folder in your home directory, from memory i think it is hidden and called .xbmc

if you delete this after apt-get purge xbmc-live, when you reinstall is a fresh folder is installed in your home directory, you shoould have a totally clean version of xbmc.

i tried this after something went wrong on my installation and it worked a treat.

hope this helps

chris
Thanks, I will give it a try, I figured there had to be one.

I would consider a fresh install, but I remember the pain I had with getting my nvidia drivers configured for mirrored displays.
histry Wrote:Thanks, I will give it a try, I figured there had to be one.

I would consider a fresh install, but I remember the pain I had with getting my nvidia drivers configured for mirrored displays.

Thats why I suggested a trial run with the LIVE CD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReInstall Live0