ASRock 330 HDMI Resolution Problem
Hello everyone..

I have a small (think so..) Problem.
I got a ASRock 330 ION, a Sony LCD-TV and a Yamaha-Amp, wich is the Problem.

When i connect my HTPC directly with HDMI to the TV a Resolution of 1080/24p is no Problem, when i switch the Amp in the Line (HTPC-AMP-TV) the HTPC only boots up with a Resolution of 740x480 and the TV shows 480p.

When i first boot up the HTPC connected to the TV and switch the Configuration with a running HTPC it works fine but after reboot ->480p. I think the AMP i confused from the low-res Bios-Screen and can´t handle it to switch fast enough to the higher Resolution, so the ASRock recognize it wrong, or the AMP didn´t let the EDID correctly through..

I tried the whole day to force the HTPC to boot up in 1080p, would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction, tried a lot with different options in the etc/X11/xorg.conf, but with no results.. maybe i edited it in the wrong place..

Ubuntu Karmic Minimal Install
XBMC 10.0
nVidia 260.??

..a nearly linux-noob needs help..

thanks marf.
Problem solved..

for everyone who´s interested, fixed the problem by doing the "Setup Display for 23.976 Hz"-Option in the XCI-script again..

now works great..

big thanks to the XCI-Developers

marf
Hi...

got the same problem with my XBMC Dharma 10 in combination with a Rotel Pre Amp. If connected the XBMC over the AMP to a TV I´ve got only 1280x720 (720p). XBMC directly connected to TV, I´ve got 1920x1080 (1080p)

Is it possible to post a detailed step-by-step Guide how to solve the problem?

For info:

I´m using a Zotac ION F-Series and XBMC Live installation (newest stable release Dharma 10)

Greetings friom Germany
David

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock 330 HDMI Resolution Problem0