movies causes high CPU
my setup was running just fine until today. now my cpu jumps to 200+ usage while in movies on my main profile and on my 2nd profile around 130+ usage. This is just browsing movies. Once it hits around 250+ xbmc crashes.

see attached xbmc log http://pastebin.com/XYHuNWK7
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
one thing I did change was add the below to my advancedsettings Do you think this has anything to do with it? I thought this was suppose to make things go faster. Also this only happens on in my movies while browsing my movie posters.
Quote:<useddsfanart>

This settings allows XBMC to use your GPU rendering fanart and some other images. This will make loading images considerably faster, especially on systems with slower processors (e.g. atom based systems).

To enable dds fanart in xbmc, add the following to your advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>
Best idea would be to remove that option and see if it fixes the issue. If it does, it's the culprit. Otherwise you would need to keep looking.
ok I tried taking the above and removed it and that didnt work still crashes..

see below

XBMC CRASH LOG

XBMC DEBUG LOG

can anyone please help to see whats going on. This was not happening a few days ago and now xbmc crashes everytime I go into movies. whats weird its only the main profile that crashes.. If i go into the other profile and go to movies the cpu jumps up but it does not crash.
Any help?
It's likely due to xbmc having to compress and cache the existing artwork to dds as you are browsing the first time after turning the option on. I don't use linux, but I notices similar issues on win7 when first enabling dds. Since then it flies and not issues with cpu.
-stoli-
You have several videos stored in rar archives, I suggest unpacking them and removing the rars.
bobo1on1 Wrote:You have several videos stored in rar archives, I suggest unpacking them and removing the rars.

Ok I will do that. I thought xbmc supported rars. I never had a problem with it before but I added like 5 new movies so maybe that finally did it.

I will unpack it and see if that helps.
stoli Wrote:It's likely due to xbmc having to compress and cache the existing artwork to dds as you are browsing the first time after turning the option on. I don't use linux, but I notices similar issues on win7 when first enabling dds. Since then it flies and not issues with cpu.

well I took the option out of the advancedsettings and xbmc still crashes.
ok I am to the point to reinstall xbmc to see if that helps. How can I uninstall and then reinstall with command line.

Also I just need to backup my userdata folder right.
I was thinking if I could go back to the previous kernel 2.6.32.26 which was working fine. I tried to pull up grub2 by pressing shift when booting but I dont get anything and it just boots normal to the OS.

Any help on this.
Any help? I have a party tonight and want this working. Pls help.
Totally sucked last night. Movie would not load. Xbmc crashed tryimg to get in. wife had to stream a movie which quality was poor. Can someone tell me how to uninstall xbmc andreinstall to see if that fixes ot somehow?
Is this the right command to uninstall. (i will backup my userdata folder first)

apt-get purge xbmc xbmc-standalone

After that I have to reinstall from start.
got the commands to revert to a previous kernel.

Code:
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.32-27-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-27-generic
sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-26-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-26-generic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movies causes high CPU0