• 6(current)
[HOW-TO] Make Colour Themes
I've started messing with colors and I gotta say, right off the bat, Hitcher has done some great work making things easier!

My first attempt is just a straight color replacement, there are no new icons or anything and it uses Hitcher's original background gradient, just recolored.

I'm noticing one issue; no window frame around Videos. At first I thought it was just a quirk as I was editing and refreshing the color file over and over, but it has persisted through several restarts and is also visible with the default color set.

Did I break something or is this an issue with the latest SVN?

Also, a question for Durham - you mentioned putting together a guide. I'm sure you're pretty busy with your own themes but do you mind if I PM you with some questions I've got before I set this one loose? There are still a few colors I'm not quite clear on and I'd like to avoid nagging Hitcher if possible Big Grin
I accidentally removed the frame include when I moved the Play Disc window to Movies. It's been fixed in the latest update.
Juanflaco Wrote:Also, a question for Durham - you mentioned putting together a guide. I'm sure you're pretty busy with your own themes but do you mind if I PM you with some questions I've got before I set this one loose? There are still a few colors I'm not quite clear on and I'd like to avoid nagging Hitcher if possible Big Grin

I don't mind in the least! Ask away! (I might not be as quick or thorough as Hitcher, but I'll do my best.)

Nod
Oh, look. I screwed up the glow again. New files are on their way to Hitcher as we speak. Sorry, folks!
Freddo Wrote:could someone re-make my favorite theme, stencil for revisited please?

old stencil

I made a start with the textures but haven't got the time to go through all the colours so I've uploaded the textures below in the hope someone else will pick up the reins.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w1763g1tf6t143h

Thanks.
I've got a new color file ready for testing - would really appreciate it if folks could load it up, browse around, & try to find anything that looks weird. I'm still getting everything figured out and would love to hear what works and what doesn't.

The color scheme is called "Quantic" - just save the following text as Quantic.xml in your Alaska > Colors directory and it will be available under settings.

Code:
<colors>

<!-- Background/Dialog colours -->

<color name="FanartDiffuse">3237485C</color> <!-- Fullscreen Fanart background colour and transparency-->
    <color name="PicturesDiffuse">5237485C</color> <!-- Fullscreen Picture background colour and transparency-->
    <color name="VisualiserDiffuse">cb37485C</color> <!-- Background Visualiser colour and transparency-->
    <color name="DialogBackgroundColour">FF37485C</color> <!-- dialogback.png colour and transparency -->
    <color name="GlobalColour">FF37485C</color> <!-- background.png colour - dont change transparency -->
    <color name="GlobalContextColour">4837485C</color> <!-- Context Menu colour and transparency -->

<!-- Global colours -->

<color name="Time">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="Date">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="GlobalHeading">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="GlobalHeadingDetails">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="GlobalDialog">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="GlobalDialogDetails">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="WeatherDetails">FFD9D7AD</color>

<color name="TimeAMPM">FF91A685</color>

<color name="RSSBody">FF91A685</color>
    <color name="RSSHighlight">FF91A685</color>
    <color name="RSSHeadline">FF91A685</color>
    <color name="RSSTitle">FF91A685</color>

<color name="NowPlayingTitle">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="NowPlayingDetails1">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="NowPlayingDetails2">FFD9D7AD</color>

<color name="NowPlayingWindowFocus">FF1C232E</color>

<color name="TextDisabled">FF8A886D</color>
    <color name="TextSelected">FFD9D7AD</color>

<color name="MediaFlagsDiffuse">FFD9D7AD</color>

<color name="MenuValue">FF1C232E</color>

<color name="ShadowColour">FF000000</color>

<color name="Clear">00FFFFFF</color> <!-- dont change -->

<!-- Home Colours -->    

<color name="HomeWindowFrameColor">FF1C232E</color>
    <color name="HomeWindowTextColour">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="HomeWindowTextBackgroundColour">FF37485C</color>
    <color name="HomeWindowShadeColor">FFFFFFFF</color>

<color name="HomeIconLabel">381C232E</color>

<color name="HomeListLabel">FF1C232E</color>

<!-- Colour of Text seen on listfocus.png, ButtonFO.png and ListButtonFo.png -->

<color name="ButtonText">FFD9D7AD</color>

<!-- Poster view colours -->

<color name="PosterTitle">FFFF6A00</color>

<!-- Episode view colours -->

<color name="EpisodeLabelF">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="EpisodePlot">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="EpisodeNumber">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="EpisodeTitle">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="EpisodeRecent">FF8A886D</color>

<!-- Info dialog colours -->

<color name="InfoPlot">B9D9D7AD</color>
    <color name="InfoYear">B9D9D7AD</color>
    <color name="InfoDetails">B9D9D7AD</color>
    <color name="MovieInfoLines">888A886D</color>

<!-- Progress colours -->

<color name="ProgressDialog">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="ProgressFilterColor">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="ProgressDialogBack">FF37485C</color>

<!-- Settings colours -->    

<color name="SettingsHeading">abD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="SettingsDetail">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="SettingsIconDiffuse">5EFFFFFF</color>
    <color name="SettingsLine">888A886D</color>

<!-- List colours -->

<color name="ListTrackNF">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="ListTitleNF">CCD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="ListTrackF">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="ListTitleF">FFD9D7AD</color>

<!-- Landscape colours -->

<color name="LandscapeTitle">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="LandscapeLabel">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="LandscapeInfo">FFD9D7AD</color>

<!-- Fanart view colours -->

<color name="FanartTitleReverse">FFD9D7AD</color>

<!-- OSD colours -->

<color name="OSDProgress">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="OSDTime">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="OSDTitle">FFD9D7AD</color>
    <color name="OSDInfo">FFD9D7AD</color>

<!-- Files colours -->

<color name="FilesLabel">FF8A886D</color>

<!-- Diffuse colour of non-focused items -->

<color name="LandscapeDiffuse">89FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="MusicWallDiffuse">48FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="PanelDiffuse">89FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="PosterDiffuse">89FFFFFF</color>
    <color name="LovefilmEpisodeDiffuse">89FFFFFF</color>

<!-- Matte colours of above items -->

<color name="MatteDiffuse">8937485C</color>

<!-- LoveFilm Colours -->

<color name="LoveFilmOverlay">FFFFFFFF</color> <!-- RatingVotesOverlay (must be the same colour as thumb_border.png) -->
    <color name="LoveFilmTitle">FFFF6A00</color>
    <color name="LoveFilmInfo">FF1C232E</color>

</colors>

Edit: Hitcher - I would be happy to update Stencil. I'd really like to take a stab at improving my original icons so it will be a bit more involved...
Juanflaco Wrote:I've got a new color file ready for testing - would really appreciate it if folks could load it up, browse around, & try to find anything that looks weird. I'm still getting everything figured out and would love to hear what works and what doesn't.

Edit: Hitcher - I would be happy to update Stencil. I'd really like to take a stab at improving my original icons so it will be a bit more involved...

This is really, really nice Juanflaco. I've been looking forward to using it since you posted before Christmas.

After a (very) quick play around, the one element that, in my opinion, is a little 'off' is the orange colour used for highlight/titles. It seems to 'pop' a bit too much from the background and pale yellow text. Maybe a slightly duskier hue would suit better?

Whatever colour you choose for the highlight/title text, it may be nice to replace the red graphics, used in the skin (watched overlays, settings grid icons, scroll marker etc.), with the same icons but in that colour.
Thanks for the great feedback. I wanted that orange to pop but it might be too harsh. I'm also noticing that once I go from just a color file to a full theme with re-colored icons there's a lot of cool stuff to do. Should have screens to post tonight and, if I don't have too much trouble with the texture packer, a full theme for download soon after.
This exists in the other thread, however, as this is one of the more popular threads, it bears repeating here:

ANNOUNCEMENT: The DurhamDev Background Pack - Download Link

I have put together a large assortment of backgrounds, for use with the different themes within Alaska Revisited, that I would like to share with everybody. The background pack can be downloaded and used to create your own custom theme, simply and easily. The pack contains the following backgrounds, all in 1920 x 1080 resolution:

How do I use them?

First, select one of the two Icon Set specific themes I have generated, use the original ones that come in Alaska Revisited, or use your own. Second, choose a Colour Scheme you would like to use. I have created Durham Gold, Durham Dark Gold, Durham Nights and Durham Lights. Durham Gold and Durham Lights can be seen best on lighter backgrounds, while Durham Dark Gold and Durham Nights can be seen best on darker backgrounds. Finally, go to Settings, Alaska, Home Artwork and choose the directory that contains the background images. Select one you like best, and voila. You have your own customized theme!

Here is a sample of a theme I created, using Icon Set 2, Durham Dark Gold, and the Black Steel background:

Here is another sample of a theme I created, using Icon Set 1, Durham Nights, and the Silver Steel background:

And finally, the theme that was based upon Amra's "Blue Mosaic", created simply by using Icon Set 1, Durham Dark Gold, and the Basic Blue background:

With the newest functionality Hitcher has created, and a little bit of ingenuity, you can easily make Alaska Revisited look exactly how you like it!
Maybe DurhamDev can answer this. Is there a way to colorize osdsliderback_2.png in the colors.xml or do you have to physically have to edit the file and include it in Textures.xbt?
WheresWaldo Wrote:Maybe DurhamDev can answer this. Is there a way to colorize osdsliderback_2.png in the colors.xml or do you have to physically have to edit the file and include it in Textures.xbt?

I believe the background image needs to be edited as you mention above, but the moving status can be changed through the colour XML. I do recall seeing the status in a colour on one of my themes before some edits I had done. If Hitcher doesn't reply before I find out, I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with.

Edit: Found it.

Code:
color name="DialogBackgroundColour">75c89008</color>
This will change the background of all dialogs - the top as well as the bottom, if you click "I" for "Info" while watching a video. Hope this helps! (Damn. I forgot about this setting... I wonder if Hitcher minds if I edit my XMLs. Again. Heh.)
Thanks, I already had the DialogBackgroundColor set. I am just wrapping up the finishing touches. I still need to test this on an actual TV before I release it. I have 4 xbmc installs but only three are used for entertainment purposes and I have to move the files first after I test them on my Windows box.

I think I got everything, but I might have missed something in Profiles and maybe a dialog box or two since I only use a very few add-ons.
DurhamDev Wrote:This exists in the other thread, however, as this is one of the more popular threads, it bears repeating here:

ANNOUNCEMENT: The DurhamDev Background Pack - Download Link

I have put together a large assortment of backgrounds, for use with the different themes within Alaska Revisited, that I would like to share with everybody. The background pack can be downloaded and used to create your own custom theme, simply and easily. The pack contains the following backgrounds, all in 1920 x 1080 resolution:

How do I use them?

First, select one of the two Icon Set specific themes I have generated, use the original ones that come in Alaska Revisited, or use your own. Second, choose a Colour Scheme you would like to use. I have created Durham Gold, Durham Dark Gold, Durham Nights and Durham Lights. Durham Gold and Durham Lights can be seen best on lighter backgrounds, while Durham Dark Gold and Durham Nights can be seen best on darker backgrounds. Finally, go to Settings, Alaska, Home Artwork and choose the directory that contains the background images. Select one you like best, and voila. You have your own customized theme!

Here is a sample of a theme I created, using Icon Set 2, Durham Dark Gold, and the Black Steel background:

Here is another sample of a theme I created, using Icon Set 1, Durham Nights, and the Silver Steel background:

And finally, the theme that was based upon Amra's "Blue Mosaic", created simply by using Icon Set 1, Durham Dark Gold, and the Basic Blue background:

With the newest functionality Hitcher has created, and a little bit of ingenuity, you can easily make Alaska Revisited look exactly how you like it!

link does not work
meridius Wrote:link does not work

You're right. Sorry, I updated the other thread but forgot to update this one. Please visit the other thread to find the proper updated link. I'll edit this when off my BlackBerry.
One more question. In Fanart mode what tag does the title use after it flips over to reveal the plot?

Actually another. The little red arrows used in Lovefilm and wall views, where are they? Nevermind found them in media/pics too bad they can't be colorized and need editing instead, makes multicolored themes a bit harder to realize.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW-TO] Make Colour Themes1