[RELEASE] Disk Mount Addon (for XBMC Live and XBMC for Linux)
Thumbs Up 
XBMCLive does not mount internal disks by default (due to risks in combination with certain advanced setups).
This is a bit of a problem for new users-

I have made a disk mounter for xbmcLive.
It can:
  1. temporaly mount any available partitions. (by executing the diskmounter script)
  2. remove nodiskmount from grub
  3. add nodiskmount to grub

The idea is that this should make the experience for "normal end-users" better.

Install this repo
http://github.com/vikjon0/qf-xbmc-addons...addons.zip

or only this add-on (no updates this way)
https://github.com/downloads/vikjon0/qf-...-0.0.4.zip

Installation, download to target machine or USB. in XBMC go to /system/add-ons/install from zip and select the zip file.
This is a great idea considering the amount of "mounting" related questions we get in the forums, nice one. I tested briefly and it worked perfect. I'm sure this will help many users new to linux.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Nice! Did you make it availbale in a repository? It would be nice if it was.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Quote:Nice! Did you make it availbale in a repository?
I would like to but I wanted some feedback first. Perhaps it needs some development before it can go in? This is the first few lines of code I write in linux.
Quote:This is a great idea considering the amount of "mounting" related questions we get in the forums
Thank you Harry, that was the aim.
//J
Hi I read through the code and considering you are updating and altering grub boot this script is not really good on non-live systems. On Live systems its a great thing. I would have liked to see a check if its live at the very least but we are looking into making it filterable so that only live systems even sees it in the addon browser. This is why it got pulled from the repo, sorry for that Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Quote: I would have liked to see a check if its live

I am happy with adding a few checks, but how do you define "live"? I would prefer the definition: package xbmc-live installed.
vikjon0 Wrote:I am happy with adding a few checks, but how do you define "live"? I would prefer the definition: package xbmc-live installed.

I don't blame you for not doing the checks since I don't even know how and what to check for Smile But yeah looking for xbmc-live installed might be valid, another is that the xbmc-live do change the host IIRC to xbmc-live so that might be the simplest albeit rather crude. In an ideal world you really shouldn't worry about it and it should be filtered by the addon manager but might be sane to have some checks even if they are crude.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
You are talking about hostname? Google doesnt tell me what IIRC is...

Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /etc/hostname
XBMCLive

If you are fine with it I would prefer to check for xbmc-live package. I already have the code in another project (wifi add-on using wicd-daemon and with auto install of wicd-daemon). I just need to check for xbmc-live instead.

Quote:def check_installed():
p = os.popen("dpkg -L xbmc-live")
s = p.read()
if s == "":
return False
else:
return True
vikjon0 Wrote:You are talking about hostname? Google doesnt tell me what IIRC is...

IIRC is the abbreviation for "If I Remember Correctly" so it has nothing to do with the problem Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok...thank you. So I am officially too old.

The installer does indeed not allow the user to change the host name, it pick the host name from the pre-seed file silently.
vikjon0 Wrote:You are talking about hostname? Google doesnt tell me what IIRC is...

If you are fine with it I would prefer to check for xbmc-live package. I already have the code in another project (wifi add-on using wicd-daemon and with auto install of wicd-daemon). I just need to check for xbmc-live instead.

Oh you had the code for checking the package, yeah thats way better. Thought it would be more advanced to do that but looks like it was rather simple Smile

Thanks for looking into it.

On a sidenote, I should stop using TLA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-letter_acronym) Tongue

Cheers,
Tobias

topfs2 Wrote:On a sidenote, I should stop using TLA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-letter_acronym) Tongue

Yes, but you used an ETLA, not a TLA.

Rofl
waldo22 Wrote:Yes, but you used an ETLA, not a TLA.

Rofl

DAMN, how could I miss that :S I made a terrible "joke" and failed... I'll hide for a while now :p

Hello,
I have a xbmc-live (Dharma) installed in a USB stick using the install addon.
As a live, version it doesn't automount hdd, so I tried the disk mount addon. I installed it and when I ran the addon, I selected the temporally option.
I tried to exit the addon but it stayed in the screen no matter what I did, so I hard reset the pc, and now it doesn't run Sad It cycles after the first xbmc splash screen.
What can I do?
Thanks you all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Disk Mount Addon (for XBMC Live and XBMC for Linux)1