Displaying movie runtime from IMDB instead of media file
Does anyone know if it's possible to get XBMC to display the runtime it scrapes from IMDB rather than the length of the actual media file?

Most of the movies in my library are from my Blu-ray/DVD collection, but rather than ripping them onto my HD I've just created dummy versions of them on my HD, i.e. 2-second-long video files with the name of the film and 'BLURAY' in the filename. The downside of this is that XBMC reads these as being 0 mins long.

So what I'm trying to figure out is how I can get XBMC to display the runtime it scrapes from IMDB so the movies have the correct runtime.

Any help is appreciated.
Anyone have any ideas on this?

I know IMDb is scraping the runtime because that's what XBMC reads when I group movies in a smart playlist based on duration.

Given that XBMC is storing the data somewhere, it seems reasonable to assume it's possible to display this instead of the media file's runtime.
My library is a mess ATM but I would say it is. At least with MovieDB scraper.

Edit: Only difference is that my offline titles are zero files with .avi extension.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I tried it with 0kb text files with .avi extension and you're right, it does then display the runtime from IMDb. The problem now is that it doesn't display the resolution, it just has the question mark icon.

Is it possible to set resolution/audio codec in the source flags? I tried adding 1080/1080p to the filename but it doesn't make any difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying movie runtime from IMDB instead of media file0