Can't install skins. Please help
I just downloaded XBMC from the main site. I also downloaded Aeon and Showmix 2.5 and tried to install them. First off, I unzipped both files and I tried putting them in the userdata folder and just leaving them in the root directory. Nothing. Then I tried unzipping them directly through xbmc and it said installation failed. What do I do I really want to use Aeon.:mad:
While they have launched the new version of XBMC (Dharma), they have not updated the skins on the website which are design for XBMC (Camelot). I recommend checking on some of the skins that are available within the Addons of your current build.
sullydavid Wrote:While they have launched the new version of XBMC (Dharma), they have not updated the skins on the website which are design for XBMC (Camelot). I recommend checking on some of the skins that are available within the Addons of your current build.

I would be freaking BRILLIANT if someone would post a little message stating this on the skins page, which mentions nothing about skin (in)compatibility with Dharma.

:mad:

Can anyone in the know confirm whether or not legacy skins are working with Dharma??

None of the wikis have been updated at all, so the average user will simply assume they're accurate.
ToeCutter Wrote:None of the wikis have been updated at all, so the average user will simply assume they're accurate.

i assume you've been around long enough to know it's pointless to complain about the wiki being out of date.
it's each and everyone's job to fix/add any missing info in the wiki.

anyways, these pages should be up-to-date now:
List_of_working_skins
Comparison_of_skin_features
Skin_Screenshots
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
so none of the current skins on the skin page work on dharma? i 2nd a notification somewhere. seems nonsensical to leave data antiquated, on a project so active.
babanoosh Wrote:so none of the current skins on the skin page work on dharma? i 2nd a notification somewhere. seems nonsensical to leave data antiquated, on a project so active.

All skins work, you just got to learn to search how to make them compatible. Takes 5 seconds. SEARCH!
PainToad Wrote:All skins work, you just got to learn to search how to make them compatible. Takes 5 seconds. SEARCH!

Many thanks to PainToad for his extremely informative and instructive post. I'm sure the OP will now have a much better understanding on how to solve their problem.
Anyone would have thought this was a help and support forum or something... :/
Scalamoosh Wrote:Many thanks to PainToad for his extremely informative and instructive post. I'm sure the OP will now have a much better understanding on how to solve their problem.
Anyone would have thought this was a help and support forum or something... :/

Help and Support != Wipeing others buts
PainToad Wrote:Help and Support != Wipeing others buts

I do know where you are coming from. Like I tell people at work
"I can teach you to wipe your butts, but that does not mean I will wipe your butts for you".

I understand it can be aggravating when one feels others are shoving their butts in one's face. But please understand, sometimes the reason one does not find information on the forums is not because someone has not been taught how to wipe his butt, but rather, because he cannot locate the toilet paper.

What I'm saying is what you type in the search field determines what posts are returned. THAT is the problem, because invariably one does not know what to specify as the search string.

Appreciate everyone's patience. I've been using XBMC on XBox for a while now and am very comfortable with it. On the Apple TV however things work very differently and I'm still coming to grips with it. I AM indeed learning from the forums as you can see from the very limited number of posts I have posted in Apple TV specific forums. I am reading and not arbitrarily posting queries and I can only assume that the gent who allegedly needs his butt wiped is doing likewise. n00bs such as myself are not seeking to annoy anyone, I don't think.

With respect...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't install skins. Please help0