Movie Seek Position?
Total newbie with a probable RTFM question here, but when I am playing a movie (either from a DVD ISO or ripped VOB file) I cannot find a way to seek to a certain position in the movie.

There is an option to fast forward, but I can't find any kind of draggable position bar that allows me to zip to 1:05.00 (for example). When playing a movie off the ISO I can skip to the next chapter, but I am really used to VLC where I can just zip to the part I am interested in.

Thanks
Up, Down, Left and Right for large and small skips or simply type in 1:05.00 to jump to that point.
That's not a feature of XBMC at the moment. You can, on the other hand, use the numbers buttons on the remote to enter a time to seek to, ex. entering 2 3 5 0 0 will take me to 2 hours 35 minutes 00 seconds into the video file.
Awesome...perfect. Thanks for helping out the new guy. XBMC Rocks!
Wow, no seek bar in XBMC? I am new to it (just playing around with the iPad version), and no seek bar is a total non-starter. A seek bar is such a basic must-have feature I'm just stunned XBMC doesn't have it.
Chriscic Wrote:Wow, no seek bar in XBMC? I am new to it (just playing around with the iPad version), and no seek bar is a total non-starter. A seek bar is such a basic must-have feature I'm just stunned XBMC doesn't have it.

XBMC is designed to run on your TV while you're relaxing in your armchair with a whiskey and soda and controlling the system with a remote controller (or possibly your iPhone if you're a young upstart). It does support a mouse, but the mouse isn't seen as the primary input device, hence there's no priority to adding a clickable seek bar. XBMC isn't a media player, it's a media centre.

If XBMC on the iPad takes off then I can see a seek bar would be more useful. Like everything in XBMC, it depends on someone deciding this is an important feature to code. I'm sure volunteers would be welcome.

JR
Guess there's some logic there, I just can't live without a seek bar : )

I use SageTV right now, and while that's also meant to be used on your TV it does have the seek bar.

Anyway, no intention to disparage the incredible developers of XBMC, I was just really surprised.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Seek Position?0