[LIVE] Dharma analog sound problem
I'm using an Acer Aspire R1600. I get normal level analog stereo sound under Live 9.11 though the headphone plug. However when I load Dharma Live 10.0, the sound level drops to almost nothing. I have tried setting the audio to 0db, but there is almost no change. I also note that even when I set sound to hdmi digital, I still get an audio signal though the analog headphone jack (something that does not happen under 9.11). Was the sound drivers changed between Live 9.11 and 10.0? I suspect this is only occuring for people that are using analog. Any suggestions for a solution?
Same problem as i had, when running through the analog it seems that the default soundlevel is not at max which causes the sound to be faint.

You can either run Alsamixer through the CLI, set master and PCM to 100. Another option is to run one of the plugin programs which do the same thing, but of cource i cannot remember what that plugin is called.

And finally, use the + and - to adjust the internal sound in XBMC.

I think this should be it, if i have forgotten something or said something wrong, please correct me (but im not having XBMC right here).

Frank, Norway
I found this in the Dharma beta 4 notes:

"Live now contains an Audio Mixer. You’ll find it in the Programs section. Non-Live users (Linux and OSX) may install it from the add-ons browser. This replaces the previous scripts that attempted to set volume levels. As a result, volumes may be low or muted by default, but now you can adjust them with your remote."

Does Live Dharma 10 still have this? If so, this may solve my problem. Live 9.11 is working and I hate to re-install 10 if it doesn't have the mixer.
Smile 
Well, I reloaded Live 10.0 and looked under Programs. Audio-Mixer is there and setting the headphones level to 100% solved the problem. Smile The stereo analog output is through the headphones jack. Default setting was 81%.
Thanks for that, it's now working great! Smile

Wonder how many people out there are having problems, they should probably set it to 100% by default Smile

Thanks for your help Patpend

Cheers,
Shockfire

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma analog sound problem0