[LINUX] HOW-TO use a third-party PS3 (PlayStation3) controllers with XBMC for Linux?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
checkup Offline
Thumbs Up  [LINUX] HOW-TO use a third-party PS3 (PlayStation3) controllers with XBMC for Linux?
Hi,

i'm using a snakebyte wireless ps3 controller, which uses an USB dongle to connect to the computer/ps3.

The problem is, that this controller is neither a bluetooth wireless controller, nor a wired controller.
  • Wired controllers work by hid-sony kernel module
  • Wireless controllers can be made working with sixad
    • This controller however, is mixed. When you put the USB dongle in the computer it is detected as a wired controller and based on it's vendor and product id, hid-sony is loaded.

Yet it still has no connection to it's handset, which makes hid-sony fail to set the handset in operational mode.

Here you'll find a program and source, which puts the controller in operational mode after the handset has bound to the dongle.

http://rapidshare.com/files/441448175/ac...usb.tar.gz

@Note: Somehow this just works, when taking care the hid drivers do not load before the operational mode has been set. Therefore i have a script which i execute form /etc/rc.local (someone has a more elegant solution to this, shout):

Code:
      #!/bin/sh

rmmod hid_sony
      rmmod usbhid
      rmmod hid
      rmmod joydev

/usr/sbin/activate_ps3_usb_amd64.bin

modprobe usbhid
      modprobe hid_sony
      modprobe joydev

Use the regular ps3 keymap available from the forums fir best user experience.

best regards

update4: removed faulty keymap and referenced the better ps3 keymap
      update3: removed the logitech_hid stuff from the HID reload script, as they were for my wireless keyboard and mouse
      update2: included the script to reload the hid stuff
      update1: updated the source to send a valid 64 byte package to the device
(This post was last modified: 2011-03-07 14:57 by checkup.)
find quote
shihan Offline
howdy, sorry for dredging up an old post, but do you still have access to the activate_ps3_usb.tar.gz file? seems like its been removed from rapidshare and cant find a valid link for it anywhere.

Thanks!
find quote
HushPeter Offline
(2013-01-08 13:24)shihan Wrote:  howdy, sorry for dredging up an old post, but do you still have access to the activate_ps3_usb.tar.gz file? seems like its been removed from rapidshare and cant find a valid link for it anywhere.

Thanks!

Did you find the file anywhere?

I came from this thread here:
http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/snakeb...ontroller/

I just need to run this gamepad under a Rooted Amazon-Fire TV.

Greetings by HushPeter
find quote