Using Harmony remote in conjunction with PC sleep mode?
I have a dedicated XBMC HTPC that goes to sleep automatically when not in use. I've got a Harmony 650 that functions well with XBMC, but I'm trying to iron out a few bugs when turning the HTPC on and off.

I've set up an Activity to turn on the TV and XBMC. The activity does the following:

- Turns on TV
- Switch to correct Input (HTPC)
- Sends pwrtoggle to HTPC (used to wake up the PC from sleep)

This works fine if the TV is already on. But it doesn't work if the TV is off. I think what happens is that it sends the commands too quickly before the TV is fully on. The problem is if I set a delay of say 4 seconds, then that four second delay would be there whenever I want to switch to XBMC while the TV is already on.

Does anyone else have a similar setup that can offer suggestions or workarounds?

Also, is there a way to stop the remote sending a shutdown signal to XBMC when I press the "All Off" button?
try sending more input commands to the tv as this gives it time to warm up!

ie: tell the tv to go to input 1, input 2 then back to htpc.

I had to do this with mine. Take any delays out because they slow the remote down.
Prizm4 Wrote:Also, is there a way to stop the remote sending a shutdown signal to XBMC when I press the "All Off" button?

As to the first question, the only answer I can think of is to set delays. It will cost you a few seconds, though.

As the the quoted question, the answer is to set the XBMC as an "always on" device, and just toggle the power manually.

More about this in this post:

bodhi Wrote:This is because the default behavior for Harmony activity is to turn off unused devices. So when you switch activity, the PC is treated as not used any more, so it was turned off (i.e. put to sleep in this case). To avoid this, in each activity, go to Settings, select Change Options, and then check the button "Leave On" in the setting for "Turn Off Unused Devices".

This setting will result in the behavior that any device once turned ON, will stay ON. When you shutdown the system using the Power Off, all devices that have been ON will be turned OFF at once.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Harmony remote in conjunction with PC sleep mode?0