• 4(current)
Release Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module
Thank you ruuk
you made my day:-)
Just submitted 0.8.2 to the repository.

The most noticeable change is that thumbnails in the link list should now display most of the time instead of having the broken image icon.
For instance, searching images on google is now useful Smile

Changelog is below:

Encode log entries
Remove xbmcgui.lock()/xbmcgui.unlock() to get rid of the annoying xbmc.log messages Smile
Fixed bug with viewing images
Fixed a bug causing webviewer to lock on nonsense urls
Fixed bug with link list failing to display link images with relative URLs
Fixed a bug with improperly identifying links URLs with imbedded image URLs as being links to images
Improved message/error logging
Added fanart.jpg: (anyone wants to make something better, feel free =] )
Thumbs Up 
ruuk Wrote:Just submitted 0.8.2 to the repository.

The most noticeable change is that thumbnails in the link list should now display most of the time instead of having the broken image icon.
For instance, searching images on google is now useful Smile

Changelog is below:

Encode log entries
Remove xbmcgui.lock()/xbmcgui.unlock() to get rid of the annoying xbmc.log messages Smile
Fixed bug with viewing images
Fixed a bug causing webviewer to lock on nonsense urls
Fixed bug with link list failing to display link images with relative URLs
Fixed a bug with improperly identifying links URLs with imbedded image URLs as being links to images
Improved message/error logging
Added fanart.jpg: (anyone wants to make something better, feel free =] )

Very happy with this release, just found it's way onto my home screen as well...

Thanks, ruuk!
As soon as the the initial screen completes loading, the freshly installed plugin crashes XBMC (Eden GIT).

Here's the debug xbmc log for the most recent crash.
http://pastebin.com/DQ4sZ58a

EDIT:
Apologies. In addition to my default log, here's one of the crash logs.
http://pastebin.com/eU9G7T4P
NobodyHere Wrote:As soon as the the initial screen completes loading, the freshly installed plugin crashes XBMC (Eden GIT).

Hmmmmmmm......

Thanks for all the logs. I'm not sure what the error is. The script isn't throwing any errors. I'm not great at reading crash logs but it does seem the seg fault happened within a python internal function.

So far your the first to report this. I am also running XBMC Beta 2 on linux, and have never had that happen.

When I get a chance I'll see if I'm doing anything weird in my code that may be unstable in certain situations.

If I'm reading the log correctly it looks like you are perhaps running a nightly build? If so, I'm wondering if it isn't the build that's causing the issue.
I have the exact same problem. My crashlog shows the same behaviour has the last poster, so probably not much point posting here. I am indeed also on nightly builds. Unfortunately I do not know with which build this problem started as am using the plugin for the first time.

Let me know if any more info on my install would help.
cosmicvibes Wrote:I am indeed also on nightly builds. Unfortunately I do not know with which build this problem started as am using the plugin for the first time.

Perhaps try updating to one of the recent Eden Betas to rule out issues with Nightlies?

I can confirm it runs great on Eden Betas 1 through 3 on Win64... The betas themselves are also quite stable...
Version 0.8.5

Fixes a bug causing downloads to fail.

Get it here:

http://webviewer-xbmc.googlecode.com/fil...-0.8.5.zip
Hi guys

I'm pretty new, so I ask you guys to be a bit more forgiving.

Is it possible to run Web Viewer via terminal/command line?

For example, I am using ssh into the XBMC machine with PuTTY and get access to root.

What I want to do is something like
# webviewer http://news.google.com

Ultimately what I want to do is use Cron to open the headlines every morning at 7am before going to work.

I have found the directory of webviewer to be at /.xbmc/addons/script.web.viewer/ and inside those directories there are some files with .py extension. I don't know which ones are executable. I searched online and supposedly these are python files? I also tried # python webviewer.py and it outputs an error :

root ~/.xbmc/addons/script.web.viewer/lib/webviewer # python webviewer.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "webviewer.py", line 1, in <module>
import xbmcaddon #@UnresolvedImport
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon
root ~/.xbmc/addons/script.web.viewer/lib/webviewer #

I have no idea what I'm doing now. I'm just experimenting. And I've hit a wall. Please advise?
hi maschmagic,

the xbmc addons are only executable within xbmc hence the error message. But you could probably create a command line tool based on this plugin...

.. OR:

IMHO it would be better to just start a rss reader with cron and use for example this rss link:
Code:
http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&topic=h&num=3&output=rss
JDownloader Plugin - Handle JDownloader from within xbmc
RlsBB Plugin - Add links from rlsbb.com to JDownloader/pyLoad
Thanks for the reply. The news bit is just a start, eventually I may want to run more stuff on the TV, like voice weather announcements and stuff. So I think I still need a web based solution..

Remember in Iron Man 1 when the lady reporter woke up and there was an announcement about the weather, top headlines and stuff? something along those lines.. my dream of living like Ironman is edging closer and closer =p
(2012-04-20, 13:24)maschmagic Wrote: Thanks for the reply. The news bit is just a start, eventually I may want to run more stuff on the TV, like voice weather announcements and stuff. So I think I still need a web based solution..

Remember in Iron Man 1 when the lady reporter woke up and there was an announcement about the weather, top headlines and stuff? something along those lines.. my dream of living like Ironman is edging closer and closer =p

What you want is possible, but you would probably need to do in python by writing a service addon. The simplest possibility would probably be a script that starts with xbmc and immediately calls time.sleep() for the amount of time till it needs to run the script. Of course you'll need to know/learn some python and learn how to write an addon.

Of course if the device you are doing this can run a real browser from the command line, that would be even easier and better Smile
Version 0.8.7

Changes:
- Fixes broken skin for the image viewer

On my REPO.
Version 0.8.8

Changes:
- Handle alternate code for 'Previous Menu' action

On my REPO.
Version 0.8.9

Changes:
- When opening from within another addon, the parent directory (backspace on the keyboard) action will now exit when there are no more pages in the history.

On my REPO.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module3