Any info on a new version for the XBMC 10?
Looking very good hitcher and blackbolt !

Excited about the new rel, keep it up. The graphics are extremely polished.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Thanks for the updates Blackbolt. I must say that the screen shots above shows the same slickness that I've come to expect from this marvelous skin Smile Really looking forward to the new version.

I've tried a lot of skins over the last years but I always fall back to Ellipsis as it is the perfect style for my living room. Because of the minimalistic but feature-rich solutions Smile The skin focus on the media as well as the skin itself and since I see myself as a kind of perfectionist (music is always generated with correct ID3 tag's and cover as well as my video library) it feels that much nicer Smile

Thanks again to all of you on the team for your effort in making XBMC even better than it already is Smile
A question about the song pop-up window: Is there any easy way for me to edit the background image with a black glass-version one as you use for the most other pop-up windows? The reason that I ask is that on my 60" TV the window get pretty big and makes a lot of "light noise" when I at times choose to keep it activated Smile
Berz Wrote:A question about the song pop-up window: Is there any easy way for me to edit the background image with a black glass-version one as you use for the most other pop-up windows? The reason that I ask is that on my 60" TV the window get pretty big and makes a lot of "light noise" when I at times choose to keep it activated Smile

The reason it's white is because I wanted to have it contrast against the dark background. But you're right, I've received nothing but negative comments about this window. So I will happily switch it to a dark one instead. I'll do it now for you as I am fixing a bug with the 'will finish playing @' overlapping the time, I might as well change it over.

Also I might be able to release 1.2 by Friday if things go well. I don't like to give dates but I'm waiting on 2 things and then the skin is ready for release. I'm going to try a more open approach with updates from 1.2 onwards so you guys don't have to wait so long to see any updates. I'll do 2 SVNs. One for the stable 1.2 release and then the other for the development for 1.3 that way you can choose to help me test the new features and additions or choose to stick with the stable release.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
This is really great news Blackbolt. Ellipsis-wise, I feel a little like waiting for Christmas Wink I'm also pretty sure there is a lot of us that would like the opportunity to get early access to new versions as you mentioned with the 1.3 svn version. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this new version in the near future - especially now that you are going to take a new look at the song pop-up window. I really wasn't expecting that Smile
I've updated the pop up now so it looks like this now:

instead of like this:

1 Bug remains and then the creation of 3 icons and we're done!
I've just changed the text colour because I thought it might be a bit too bright, what do you think? Or do you prefer the white from the post above:

Stick with the bright one.

The new pop-up is exactly what I was hoping for. The alternative less bright one is no longer available (broken link) but the one remaining works nice in the screenshot. I don't feel it's too bright either as the dark background keeps it down and just adds to the contrast. All in all the new one feels a lot more consistent with the rest of Ellipsis Smile
Blackbolt Wrote:Also I might be able to release 1.2 by Friday if things go well. I don't like to give dates but I'm waiting on 2 things and then the skin is ready for release.

Both these things are now fixed so fingers crossed for Friday. Wink
New popup seems better than the white one. Just a question... does
the backpanel has to be transparent ? Think it would look better with black gloss non transparent. There is no good reason to have panels like that transparent, the main point is to clearly see whats on the popup, video in the background not so important.

Just my 2cents Wink
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Reading this thread makes me more exited as on christmas evening...
I know it's a repetition - but ellipsis is the chosen one!

By-the-way, will we see a "wall-view" in one of the next versions?
With about 300 BD-movies and about 1.300 albums on my drives the "show case view" takes much time to scroll thru the movies and albums.
Many Greetings from germany to the UK.
Kirk
Tiberius.Kirk Wrote:Reading this thread makes me more exited as on christmas evening...
I know it's a repetition - but ellipsis is the chosen one!

By-the-way, will we see a "wall-view" in one of the next versions?
With about 300 BD-movies and about 1.300 albums on my drives the "show case view" takes much time to scroll thru the movies and albums.
Many Greetings from germany to the UK.
Kirk

I'll do my best, the next move is to add scroll bars and all new view types in there, as well as revamping the old ones.
I'm new to Ellipsis but I am very certain that I have now found my permanent skin and would like to personally thank Team Blackbolt and all the contributors to this skin for providing the community a real professional and seamless look for xbmc.

Is there any way of locking views currently and I just missed it?

If not can a "kiosk" or view-locking mode be added? I am trying to keep this completely idiot proof for the wife and visitors. Getting tired of having to run the remote ALL the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any info on a new version for the XBMC 10?0