Type in Movies and TV Shows menu?
Question 
Sorry if this is a repost but I have no idea what this feature would be called or even if it can be added in some way.

But lets say you are viewing your list of movies or tv shows, it would be great if you could type a letter and it would automatically move to where that movie is. So you type "S" and it would go to the very first movie that starts with S... but if you typed "Sup" very quickly it would go to the first movie that starts with "Sup" etc.

This would be great for those of us who have thousands of movies/tv shows and have a remote control with a keyboard on it. i.e. Boxee remote that has a keyboard on the back of it.

Thanks for XBMC!
This feature is allready there and has been in xbmc for a long time Smile
It might be skin depended so make sure to try it with the default skin confluence. On my remote all the number keys works as a cellphone with letters.

It should work by default, i dont know about keyboards if they work cause i only use remote.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179
The-Boxhead Wrote:This feature is allready there and has been in xbmc for a long time Smile
It might be skin depended so make sure to try it with the default skin confluence. On my remote all the number keys works as a cellphone with letters.

It should work by default, i dont know about keyboards if they work cause i only use remote.

Yeah I actually use confluence as my skin. I tried doing it via LogMeIn and maybe that is why it doesn't work for me.

mwkurt Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179

Thanks! Once I get the remote delivered I'll go through that. I really thought it would work with a regular keyboard though if the feature was already built in.
So, I guess it only works with numbers and not letters? Any chance this could be a added feature in XBMC to switch it back and forth if you wanted to?
Shift-S will take you to entries beginning with s.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Shift-S will take you to entries beginning with s.

Excellent, thanks so much!
Ugh, nevermind... the Boxee remote I use has no shift key. Damnit.
Rannd,

If you follow the directions and use the right download, it most definately works with letters. I use every day. Give it another go!

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Rannd,

If you follow the directions and use the right download, it most definately works with letters. I use every day. Give it another go!

Mark

I'm running XBMC 10.0 with Confluence skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Type in Movies and TV Shows menu?0