XMBC 10.0 frozen very frequently
Not sure if this is something specific to Windows but I recently upgraded XMBC to the latest 10.0 Dharma. Now it seems that XMBC becomes unresponsive very frequently, espcially when stopping then resuming the movie, then I have to terminate it from Task Manager. I had been using the older version without any problem. Does anyone run into the same issue?

Thanks,

Stanley
I haven't personally. See the link in my signature on how to post a windows related problem. That should tell you how to post a debug log. Then go ahead and post one, and we should be able to figure out the problem.
LangTuSJ Wrote:Not sure if this is something specific to Windows but I recently upgraded XBMC to the latest 10.0 Dharma. Now it seems that XBMC becomes unresponsive very frequently, espcially when stopping then resuming the movie, then I have to terminate it from Task Manager. I had been using the older version without any problem. Does anyone run into the same issue?
Thanks,
Stanley

I do too.. Often i find if i flip around say from XBMC feed to Xbox and back through the AV receiver. Or if i update file names from say another PC elsewhere in the house. I have to do hard shut down from within TaskManager.
I found random videos were freezing the first time I played them, and I also had to use Task Manager to shutdown XBMC. I changed my HDMI Audio settings to Primary DirectSound, and so far that has fixed the problem. I previous had the audio output set to another driver.
LangTuSJ Wrote:Not sure if this is something specific to Windows but I recently upgraded XBMC to the latest 10.0 Dharma. Now it seems that XBMC becomes unresponsive very frequently, espcially when stopping then resuming the movie, then I have to terminate it from Task Manager. I had been using the older version without any problem. Does anyone run into the same issue?

Thanks,

Stanley

I have XBMCLive freeze on me yesterday. A movie had been paused. When restarting, the movie played for a few seconds and then stopped and XBMC was completely frozen. Hard reboot to get things going again.

Cheers
D2K
Prizm4 Wrote:I found random videos were freezing the first time I played them, and I also had to use Task Manager to shutdown XBMC. I changed my HDMI Audio settings to Primary DirectSound, and so far that has fixed the problem. I previous had the audio output set to another driver.

Thanks for the tip. Let me give it a try tonight. I haven't messed around with the audio setting (since I did not have to change anything else in the old version).
natethomas Wrote:I haven't personally. See the link in my signature on how to post a windows related problem. That should tell you how to post a debug log. Then go ahead and post one, and we should be able to figure out the problem.

Thanks a lot NateThomas. I'll try to post the log tonight.

Stanley
XBMC 10.0 has been locking up while shutting down XBMC. I can play movies, but when I select Exit on the pop-up, it locks up. Running Windows XP with current updates.
Hi,

I finally got the time to sit down and try to figure out what's wrong.

1. XBMC version: 10.0 “Dharma”
2. Windows Version + patch level: Windows XP SP3
3. CPU/Architecture: IBM T61P (Intel Duo CPU 2.40GHz)
4. RAM amount: 3GB
5. Video Card and Driver version: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (6.14.11.5685)
6. Sound Card and Driver version: SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio (5.10.1.5520)
7. Other devices related to issue: Movies on external USB drive
9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: Stop/Resume the movie causes XBMC frozen most of the time. I have to kill it from Task Manager
10. FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/PRHkQdDh

I have tried to install the latest version on another XP desktop I have and I run into the same issue. I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some hints on what's wrong here. BTW, I have also played around with different setting in audio (like another suggestion in this thread) but that did not make any difference.

Thanks,

Stanley
I too have had more lockups than I can even recall using xbmc 10.0 and winXp sp3
Lockups when exiting using the built in exit button. Lockups when scraping movies. Lockups when a video addon is searching the net for its directory update. I think this particular lockup is do to a slow internet connection or a website being down.
I have had lockups starting XBMC, it will just hang and I have to go to task manager shut it down, and then restart it. Lockups when selecting a movie from the video add on and it just hangs and hangs with no mouse response. This is on all video addons I have tried. Once again I think a short glitch in internet or a website being down and it hangs the video addon.
Hibernate never works in full screen mode, but I realize this may be a OS problem. Hibernate does work in "windowed mode shown as a full screen window"
I really like XBMC and have learned to just put up with it, as being free software how can I complain to much? How many millions of time's has XP itself locked up and we all have paid a fortune for the OS?
-Stampee
I am also experiencing freezing issues since I updated to 10.0 on an xp sp3 system. here is a link to a log file from my system http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/11060/xbmc.log
gmartell69 Wrote:I am also experiencing freezing issues since I updated to 10.0 on an xp sp3 system. here is a link to a log file from my system http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/11060/xbmc.log

I have a workaround, not nice but at least I won't have to kill XBMC. Rather than resuming, I just have to start from beginning. Nevertheless, I probably will have to revert to the old version of XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC 10.0 frozen very frequently0