[LINUX] Dharma Suspend/Wake/Suspend Issue
I recently upgraded to Dharma, and have a weird Suspend issue, and a possibly related LCD issue.

Setup :
- XBMC 10.0r35648
- Ubuntu 9.10
- Intel Atom 330CPU on a 945G board
- LCD is an iMON unit.

XBMC shutdown function is set to Suspend. Pressing the power button on the remote does in fact suspend the box. Eventually.

What happens - and can be seen in the XBMC.log when debugging is turned on - is :

* XBMC gets a shutdown command and starts suspending everything. It turns off the LCD, and the log indicates a suspend.
* A second later XBMC wakes up. It reactivates the LCD, and starts going through the auto library update.
* A couple of seconds later, the PC goes into proper Suspend mode and shuts off. The XBMC log shows that XBMC isn't aware of this. The LCD is left on.

Awakening the machine after this point kicks XBMC back into life and continues from where it left off. Again, the logs show this quite clearly.

Trimmed log here.

So ... any tips on how I fix this to Suspend properly and turn off the LCD at the same time would be gratefully appreciated.

The (potentially) related issue is that the LCD also no longer dims on video playback. I have the following line in the LCD.xml file :

<disableonplay>video</disableonplay>

however it seems to make no difference.

I have reviewed some old Suspend issues on the forum which recommend some changes to the grub file. Though seemingly unrelated I have tried that with no success.

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

Apologies for the partial double post. This post includes the log data and detail of what is actually happening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Dharma Suspend/Wake/Suspend Issue0