Xbmc.player().play() hangs the second time
i am able to play the first mms url just fine. but if i stop that video before it is finished, and try to play another mms url, it is hit or miss - it works very rarely.

most of the time, it fills the cache, then flashes a bunch of stuff in the progress dialog and gets stuck at a message that says it is picking a specific decoder...

the same mms url plays fine if it is played first..

has anyone else seen this issue, or is there something that needs to be done to "reset" the player before playing a second url?
are you sure you are giving it the right url the second time?
the launch browser uses mms:// i'm pretty sure and it doesnt have this problem.

checkout whats going on in launchbrowser.py if its doing anything special but i would doubt it...
yes.. pretty sure the url is correct - as i mentioned it does fill the cache ok.. it is after that, while it is parsing that info i guess it freezes - and i need to reboot the xbox to fix..

it freezes when the progress dialog hangs on video encode io ...
well, i tried a bunch of different things - using the same instance of the player, using mulitple instances.. it seems to have the problem only at the

opening video decoder [dmo]

phase.

is there a way to put xbmc in debug mode and see what might be happening here? is there a log file to which it writes what is happening?
there is a log file somewhere .. im dont remember where exactly but it was easy to find.

why dont you post a link to your script and so we can see what you're doing? we know its a wip :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc.player().play() hangs the second time0