Real Alphabetical/Numerical Listing
It would be nice to have a true alphabetical/numerical listing of the movie database. As it is now with Dharma 10.0, it lists as:
8 Mile
12 Monkeys
88 Minutes

As you can see, it lists numbers as real whole numbers instead of titles of movies. It'd be neat if the movies were listed as:

12 Monkeys
8 Mile
88 Minutes

Why order the movies with the letters alphabetically and the numbers not in order? Just a little anal, but something to think about.
I have to say I prefer it the way it is. If I'm looking for the movie 300 and I'm at 2012 I automatically go up in the list because 300 is smaller than 2012. I guess my mind works differently when it comes to sorting numbers than when it has to sort alphabetically Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:I have to say I prefer it the way it is. If I'm looking for the movie 300 and I'm at 2012 I automatically go up in the list because 300 is smaller than 2012. I guess my mind works differently when it comes to sorting numbers than when it has to sort alphabetically Wink

Agreed with this. This is how I think of it as well.

However, I suppose an option for how you would prefer it to be sorted would work, though I imagine that would be a lot of work for the devs.
Not a lot of work, but rather useless work IMO. Just deal with it - it's exactly the same that most other UI explorers use (try on win32 for instance)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Not a lot of work, but rather useless work IMO. Just deal with it - it's exactly the same that most other UI explorers use (try on win32 for instance)
Well even Windows 7 can enable or disable numerical sorting. Huh

"This will allow you to enable or disable having file names sorted literally (as in Windows 2000 and earlier) rather than in numerical order in Windows 7."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Real Alphabetical/Numerical Listing0