Sort TV Shows by Air Date
Lightbulb 
I use sickbeard so I love using the "recently added" feature of XBMC to find whats new to watch.

However once in a while I will add entire series or season to the library and the recently added gets flooded so I can't see whats actually recently aired, at least not very easily.

So my suggestion is to add the option to sort by air date, or better yet, add a "recently aired" button under the TV Shows context menu. If this is something skin specific, it would be nice to have in confluence because I love that skin the most.

Thanks for reading!
You can create a smart playlist for this - creating a rule using the "aired in the last xx days" option, replacing xx with the number of days you want it to list.
See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48195
An episode smartplaylist with filtering by airdate didn't work until recently.
Oh wow, I wasn't even aware of smart playlists. This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks for the quick reply!

Is there any way I can make a shortcut to this playlist on the homescreen?
sure you can, action would be ActivateWindow(videolibrary,<path to playlist>).

if you don't want to get into skin hacking, you can add it as a favorite.
Brilliant!
Wow this works great! Thanks! Is there a way to replace the "Recently Added" box with
"Recently Aired"? Or if someone could point me in the right direction for info, that would be great.
Thumbs Up 
kungfudriveby Wrote:Wow this works great! Thanks! Is there a way to replace the "Recently Added" box with
"Recently Aired"? Or if someone could point me in the right direction for info, that would be great.

Looks like the XML file is:
IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml
located in the res directory (ie 720p) of the skin you are hacking

Add a new button to the:
<include name="HomeSubMenuTVShows">
section
like:

<control type="button" id="97172">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>Recently Aired</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,C:\filepath\playlists\video\RecentlyAired.xsp,return)</onclick>
</control>

right before where you want it to show up.

Save and reboot XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort TV Shows by Air Date0