some thoughts on XBMC + MPC-HC
It uses MPC-HC filter for video and ffdshow for audio by default all you need to do is make DSPlayer the default player in advancedsettings.xml and configure ffdshow

I've always left the xml's in there default location but I guess they can go in

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer

Your better off asking that in the DSPlayer thread as I'm unsure btw someone has just posted a new build in that thread
oh,,, because on the WiKi, they posted 2 complete XML files...

see here --> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Usin...06.2F04.29
Yes but they are included and configured to work as I said above you only need to know about them if you want to move away from the default codec/filters used
ok cool,,,

but it puzzles me as to why i need to make DSPlayer the default player in advancedsettings.xml

i mean, just as those 2 XML files, it should already be configured this way,,, no?
I expect because as I said the goal is to have it included in XBMC eventually and DVDPlayer is always the default player its no different to when you use an external player

You don't have to make it the default you can press "C" and choose "Play using" and select DSPlayer and if your understand the playercorefactory.xml you can have different players for different types mkv, avi, etc
oh yes of course,,,

i tried to set MPC-HC as external player before and it worked great,,,,

i just didnt like the loss of seamless transitions..

i prefer the built-in player behavior
Well DSPlayer looks and behaves just like DVDPlayer but using your choice of codecs if you look at my screenshot I'm using MPC-HC audio filter and CoreAVC for video

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6287/...hotlbt.png
ok thanks....

thats nice!

i'll try to toy around with all of this....
If you install in portable mode to a different location then you can test builds without effecting your current build as all user settings will go into the XBMC installation folder instead of

\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Any builds I test I just install to a folder called XBMC2 just to keep it simple, I always install all mine in portable mode anyway so there's no chance I can ever mess up another by mistake
install in portable mode.... mmm...

adding the -p switch to the shortcut used to launch XBMC
Yes that's how it still works Smile

Code:
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p
ok all is working now... thanks...

although for some reason, when i try to play a file using DSPLAYER

the screen starts to kinda blink and act weird...

like lets say you hit 'i' key when watching a movie,

the THUMBNAIL picture should appear right?

well it does but it flashes and goes away, comes back, flashes...

its a mess,,,
Well its still being developed did you use a build from the end of the DSPlayer thread because someone said that was stable ?

I'm still using an old build myself which works fine I stopped using new versions when trunk was going through big changes as well, I've not had a chance to test any new builds

You should ask in that thread if you have problems
eskro Wrote:its a mess,,,

Hence the reason such features aren't in the stable XBMC yet.

i'll wait for it to become more stable...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some thoughts on XBMC + MPC-HC0