XBMC very laggy and unusable
Thumbs Up 
Hi, I've got a strange problem. I reinstalled my mythbuntu 10.10 yesterday. XBMC was running fine on the last install, so it's not a pc problem. XBMC is now very laggy. I takes me about 30 seconds to change a menu item after selecting it with the remote, even then it doesn't fully load.

Info:
Mythbuntu 10.10 fully updated
Nvidia 290.19.06

When I run xbmc from terminal i get this:
Code:
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/peter/.smb/smb.conf":
    No such file or directory
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/peter/.smb/smb.conf.append":
    No such file or directory
there is no soundcard

Here's my pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/YLu6Fyvx

I know there is a sound card installed, I can see it in the volume mixer. Any thoughts?
Edit: Same thing now.
Had to marked as unsolved as it's doing it after starting xbmc again.
Go into System->Appearance->Skin and set Navigation sounds to none, check if that fixes anything.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Go into System->Appearance->Skin and set Navigation sounds to none, check if that fixes anything.

I'll try but I usually can't get that far.
Not to be pedantic but I noticed this same behavior when I enabled Settings/ Video/Update library on startup.
greenleaf856 Wrote:Not to be pedantic but I noticed this same behavior when I enabled Settings/ Video/Update library on startup.

Changing the sound card seemed to work. I no longer get lag. I don't have library update set to startup for that reason, I found it to really bog down the machine, so i do it manually. I'll mark this as solved for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC very laggy and unusable0