Trying to add a view
Question 
I'm trying to add the "Episodes" view from Alaska Revisited into Aeon. After searching around, here's what I've done so far.

1. In Includes.xml, added the line
<include file="Viewtype_Episode.xml" />
2. In MyVideoNav.xml, modified the line
<views>50,551,52,56,556,560,552,553,53,57,55,570</views>
to read <views>50,551,52,56,556,560,552,553,53,57,55,570,51</views> where 51 is the id I found in Viewtype_Episode.xml (eta: the space before the comma doesn't exist in the actual file, seems to be just a forum gremlin.)

However, I can't get the view to show up. Can anyone show me where I'm going wrong? Is what I'm trying even possible?

This is an excellent skin, btw, and looks streets ahead of most everything else I've seen, so big congrats to Aeon devs, it's just I'd like to add a view or two that I like using in other skins.
Good start but not that easy like I say aeon is a clusterf@&k of code so it's hard to add a view your going Yo need to go through the code of your new view any find all the includes and animations and add them to aeons includes also change fonts/check and change I'd tags big job also if your using aeon evolution the resolution is different Alaska coded for 1280x720 and evolution is 1920x1080 oh yeah you will also need to get all the textures that view uses out of Alaska and place them in the correct place in the media folder in your aeon skin its a very big job but is possible good luck
I can't remember what else you will need Yo do to get it to show up that's the first thing you want to do is get it to show after that you can work through the code also your going to prob need to edit all visible tags so that they show in your skin
Also need to include the code in MyVideoNav.xml:

<include>Viewtype_Episode</include> or whatever the include on your view is...Where to put it in Aeon, I have no clue, but in most skins it's after the fanart code.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Ah, I've probably bitten off more than I can chew. Thanks for all the pointers. We shall see, eh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to add a view0