Files already on Apple TV
Maybe I'm missing something here. Before installing XBMC on my atv, I had already put movies on the atv via itunes. Movies are residing on the physical drive. I installed XBMC - works fine, but I can't seem to find the local movies. I can certainly share my mac and stream from the share, but that seems redundant if the movies are already on the atv drive. How do I find them?
hooch Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here. Before installing XBMC on my atv, I had already put movies on the atv via itunes. Movies are residing on the physical drive. I installed XBMC - works fine, but I can't seem to find the local movies. I can certainly share my mac and stream from the share, but that seems redundant if the movies are already on the atv drive. How do I find them?

Have you tried "Add source" to add the directory where your movies are?
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes, I've tried "Add source" and have browsed everywhere. Browsing locally keeps me in the XBMC "OS" while browsing the network takes me off the device. I need to "browse" where the atv puts the movies when pushing via iTunes - can't find that location to "add".
It's hiding in /Media partition. But even if you find it, the naming is odd and does not match what their real names are.

The 'find' command from ssh works well.
What I found is that I have to do an FTP copy (use various FTP tools), and go to the \Movies directory on my ATV to put my *.m4v files into it. Then XBMC will recognize the movies on the hard drive.

This was all after installing ATVFLASH on my ATV V1 box. There is a \Movies directory after ATVFLASH is installed. And after I install XBMC. Not sure if the \Movies directory is there before.

If you just did a SYNC with ITUNES your movies are on the ATV. But what will happen is that any changes in the linked ITUNES will end up erasing the movies that are in SYNC with ITUNES. Found this out myself. Kind of a pita when you spend hours uploading the movies via ITUNES.
Maybe someone needs to explain how to scape an existing MEDIA SOURCE, and how to use this AUTO THUMB tool. Am clueless, but trying to read up on it all.

Never mind. Found the answer that XBMC does not support meta data embedded in the *.m4v files.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=12721

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files already on Apple TV0