Adding Movies Manually
Hello all,

I am noobie to XBMC and I love it. It really puts a WOW impression when people come over and see the movie gallery projected on a 150" screen in my living room. I have looked on the forum and tried several searches to find a solution but I have not been able to find it. So here goes:

I have about 300 movies on a Unraid server, after updating the library, initially I got 260 movies showing in the gallery. After renaming the file according to the IMDB.com title names, I now have 282 movies that show up. There are still some movies that do not show up, even though I have the names exactly the same as they appear on IMDB.com.

So my question is: Is there a way to manually add files and have them show up in the gallery?

thanks in advance,

Oscar
.nfo files.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
use something like mediacompanion to search the movie folder, it should scrape all movies found, and ask for ones it's not sure about. This will then produce the .nfo files for you.

Check in XBMC supplemental tools for a link to media companion.
scottc Wrote:use something like mediacompanion to search the movie folder, it should scrape all movies found, and ask for ones it's not sure about. This will then produce the .nfo files for you.

Check in XBMC supplemental tools for a link to media companion.

I can also recommend Media Companion if you are running at least one machine on Windows. It takes a little bit of getting used to, however recently they have taken the move to open-source and some documentation has started being produced for the new user here: http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/documentation
Oh wow thanks for the MC link I didn't know it had gone open source. Good stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Movies Manually0