Graphics cards
Hello there,

Whats the best cheap graphics card out there that can do audio over the hdmi out (that handles full 1080p)?

PCI express and preferable low profile (for future builds)

Thanks in advance

ps. im in the UK, and sadly newegg dosen't do internationall shipping Sad
Any GT210 will do.
The nvidia GT 220 will probably suit your needs, and can handle 1080p .mkv files well.

Currently going for less than £50 at Scan
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Here ya go my UK friend:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PNY-NVIDIA-GeFor...864&sr=8-1

That will play any non-3D Blu Ray on the planet.

I bow to your superior wisdom, Poofy.

I can't find a GT210 more than £1 cheaper in my plethora of bookmarked shops. (Well, I can, but everywhere else asks for P&P)
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
£35, thats cheap enough

thanks poofy
Right, sorry to ressurect this.

@poofy - I bought thst card and have installed it and the drivers. I can now get sound and video over hdmi when playing a video from my desktop in MPC/VLC etc but i cannot get the audio over HDMI in XBMC. If i have AC3 and DTS capable selected it brings up an error message when i try to play a video (failed to initialise audio device, check settings)

I am trawling through the forums trying to work this out but anything of use seems to be linux/live but im on XP atm

Any ideas?
BacklitVillain Wrote:Right, sorry to ressurect this.

@poofy - I bought thst card and have installed it and the drivers. I can now get sound and video over hdmi when playing a video from my desktop in MPC/VLC etc but i cannot get the audio over HDMI in XBMC. If i have AC3 and DTS capable selected it brings up an error message when i try to play a video (failed to initialise audio device, check settings)

I am trawling through the forums trying to work this out but anything of use seems to be linux/live but im on XP atm

Any ideas?

For XP you need the DS Player build of XBMC:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

Not what I did but I got the sound over hdmi working with the standard windows xbmc build.

Thanks anyway, if i have any problems with it I will install the DS version.
BacklitVillain Wrote:Not what I did but I got the sound over hdmi working with the standard windows xbmc build.

Cool! Nvidia must have finally fixed those drivers..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphics cards0