[AppleTV] smb woes, workaround idea not working
Question 
Hey all,

old user of xbmc on the original xbox.. now trying it again on atv.

Any time I try to add a samba share (to a windows 7 box) it gives me error 2 (browsing) or says share doesn't exist (manual entering with ip/sharename)

I had some success setting up upnp with windows media player serving, as well as playon working.. from the same machine.

I know the username, password, and path are all correct.

If this is a known issue (which is seems from searching) that's ok, if someone can possibly help me figure out how to add mkv files to windows media player 12's library (the codecs are all in place but it won't add to the main library).. that work around would be fine, though I'd much rather just point at shares.. some of which will eventually live on an hp 495 whs.

Thanks so much for taking the time, and to the xbmc team for continuing to refine the software..it's really come such a long way.

edit - afterthought -

I didn't think it was necessary to install samba outside of xbmc, is it? Or does XBMC have a samba client built in. If not, then I feel like a tool :/
had the same problem...

turns out that I forgot to change the default workgroup in the Settings -> Network-> SMB Client -> Workgroup field. After I changed that to my domain name everything worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] smb woes, workaround idea not working0