USB mounting driver not working on acer Revo
Running dharma and after the update my acer Revo isn't recognizing my USB hard drives. Other USB items like keyboard and mouse work. How do I reinstall this driver or get a fix
Bump, it recognizes it during startup if I press f12... Bc I can boot from it. Any help?
Quote:Bc I can boot from it. Any help?

What does this mean? You are booting from it but it is not recognized. You may want to clearify what you are doing and what you want help with.
Ah sorry I wasn't clear. Typing on my phone...

I upgraded my Revo to Dharma, but XBMC isn't recognizing any hard drives when they are plugged into USB. The USB ports work, it just isn't mounting the Hard Drives for me to use.

I did this:
try this... unplug the usb-hd, then type:
sudo tail -f /var/log/messages

then plug in the usb-hd and look for a log that mentions sda or sdb or sdb1 ...

and got this:
Have you installed it yourself from scratch? If so you could try the live version, it mounts usb fine for me.
I originally installed live via usb. And I had xbmc running in full on 9.11 I believe? with usb harddrives mounting. When I updated to Dharma, thats when I lost usb mounting function.
ok...then something is off...mounting in 9.11 was a bit fragile. I dont know how to fix it but it is very likely that it will work if you re-install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB mounting driver not working on acer Revo0