Screen Edges out of Bounds on 4:3 TV display
I am using Kubuntu with an nvidia 9500GT video card using S-video as the output to my TV which is an older 4:3 display. When I boot up the screen edges are way off and the menu bar is not visible. It looks like the screen is zoomed in too much.

I have also tried the XBMC Live disk and I run into the same issue. Is there any way to adjust the screen edges for a 4:3 display?
Settings -> System -> Video -> Video Calibration?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Ok, sounds easy enough. I'll give it a rip. But given what you said I assume thats just for xbmc, which makes sense because thats what forum we are in. Would that also work if I was running xbmc inside Kubuntu/Ubuntu? or in general do you know of any screen calibration tool in Kubuntu/Ubuntu that would have the same effect for the whole OS?

Also I am replying right now on a 4:3 monitor and I'm not sure why things know where the screen edges are on an old 4:3 CRT and not on an old 4:3 TV. Seems odd.
darkscout Wrote:Settings -> System -> Video -> Video Calibration?

worked like a charm. So amazing. Now if I can just get Kubuntu to fall into line then i'm set. But at the very least xbmc looks great and that is the important part.
There might be an option to disable overscan. TVs by default waste pixels off the side.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:There might be an option to disable overscan. TVs by default waste pixels off the side.

That was perfect!!! I just looked for the overscan option in the Nvidia settings program and viola. Thanks man.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Edges out of Bounds on 4:3 TV display0