[RELEASE] Automatic Library Updater (Script for XBMC Live and XBMC for Linux) Addon
Thumbs Up 
About
Automatically update video and music library when new files are added to a directory. Library entries can also be remove or updated when files are deleted/moved, by enabling the clean library option, to keep the library in sync with the file system at all times.
- Update is instant, not timer based like the other one
- For live/linux only!
- Does not work on remote file systems

Installation:
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post786439

OLD Wrote:- Download x86 or x86-64 version
- Go "Addons -> Install from zip" to install the repository
- Now you can find the addon under "Program Add-ons -> Auto Updater"
- Settings are loaded on startup so remember to restart xbmc for changes to take effect
Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for Big Grin Will test it when I get home from school Tongue
Nice work... I wish it would work on remote filesystems since all of my media is on my NAS.
Oh fuck I misunderstood that line...all my media is on my home server so can't use this Sad
Afaik this kind of alerting must be handled in kernel. so, it will never be possible to do this over network with any current protocols. You have to have some process running on your server.
i've been getting a msg last few days about this script failing...

anybody else having this?
can i post any logs to help?
post away
I have been getting the msg as well.

I also notice that after I get the message my system lags every so slightly (videos are a tiny bity chopping and there is lag with the menus)

I will try get some useful debug info posted shortly.
Just rebuilt my system and I now get "Installation failed" every time I try to install this addon. Is the repo still good?
github silently killed all xbmc repos, and apparently have no intentions fixing it. Its no longer possible to have repos on github.

Please manually install x86 or x86-64 and script.autoupdater
Thank you! Now I just have to un-bork my system. A transformer blowing out 2 blocks away fried my system.
Is this script still working ? I cant seem to manually install script.module.pyinotify-x86.zip

The other addon seems to scan for directories but they arent added to my library, dont know why. I really would love to have this script working because it is what I have been looking for, selecting what paths to look for new videos on startup, going through my complete library just takes ages.
PierreC Wrote:Is this script still working ? I cant seem to manually install script.module.pyinotify-x86.zip

The other addon seems to scan for directories but they arent added to my library, dont know why. I really would love to have this script working because it is what I have been looking for, selecting what paths to look for new videos on startup, going through my complete library just takes ages.

It should, unless the addon system has changed recently. Please provide debug log from when trying to install the .zip
Is it a technical limitation or an artificial one that prevents it from working on remote filesystems? Has anyone tried on an NFS filesystem mounted manually via fstab on a Linux system?
xak944 Wrote:Is it a technical limitation or an artificial one that prevents it from working on remote filesystems? Has anyone tried on an NFS filesystem mounted manually via fstab on a Linux system?
Technically, with recent nfs and recent kernel, it should work. But i have not tried it myself..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Automatic Library Updater (Script for XBMC Live and XBMC for Linux) Addon0