Project Home: https://sourceforge.net/projects/emm-r/
*Download either 'emm-r v2411_x86.rar' or 'emm-r v2411_x64.rar' according to what OS you use
*To install, unrar files anywhere on PC and run executable.
*Do not download EmberSetup.exe or anything else as they won't work.
*Note: Requires .NET 3.5 Framework
What is Ember Media Manager - Revisited?
[INDENT]EMM-r is a modified version that will allow for new installations and fixes the errors caused from embermm.com being suspended.[/INDENT]
Is there anyone working on EMM or EMM-R right now?
[INDENT]As of 23/08/2011, there is no active owner/developer/maintainer [/INDENT]
How can I request new bugfixes or new features
[INDENT]Due to the above reason the answer is simple: you can't and please don't do that. Unless someone is taking up again on the project only scraper updates will come[/INDENT]
Are you a developer and willing to work on the project?
[INDENT]You probably know what to do in this case, please keep us updated here or if you need any help and suggestion where to start, don't hesitate to ask for some advise here. The user community of EMM is still quite large and active. [/INDENT]
Are the default in-built scrapers still working?
[INDENT]The default in-built movie scraper and Rogue's scraper (its successor) are not working quite well as of today due to site changes. Rogue's scraper is still scraping most of the data correctly, but it only scrapes posters at very low quality. The default scraper for TV-Shows is still working properly![/INDENT]
What scrapers shall I use then for movies?
[INDENT]There are an updated IMDb and TMDb scraper available from here:
1. unzip it to your emm/Modules/scraper.EmberCore.XML folder.
2. Enable XML scraper in Settings/Movies/Scrapers both for 'Data' and 'Images & Trailers'
3. Click on 'Populate Scrapers'
4. Select the scraper at the scraper selection
5. Select the desired options (language, plot, etc.)
6. Enable Trailer support at 'Scrapers & Trailers'/'Enable Trailer Support'
7. Check both 'Get During Automated' and Single scrape
6. Disable Native scrapers![/INDENT]
[INDENT]Since there is no project owner and/or active developer currently working on EMM(-r) there is no official support. There is however an active community support, so in case you have issue(s), post your question(s) here in the thread.[/INDENT]
Known bugs in EMM's XML Scraper:
*The issues listed here have bad impact on the above linked replacement scraper and these could be only fixed on EMM side
- Trailers scraped by the XML scrapers cannot be downloaded automatically in batch during automated scraping. Trailers can only be downloaded using individual/singe movie scrape. Otherwise, during automated scraping only the trailer links get injected to the NFOs instead of downloading them.
- EMM doesn't utilize trailer links passed over by the XML scraper if it is not begin with 'http://'. Due to this reason, it is not possible to use 'plugin://' format which would be needed to force XBMC to play trailers from youtube with its youtube plugin.
- Original titles passed over to EMM in <orginaltitle> tag by the XML scraper doesn't get recognized
- Sort title gets set by EMM even if it isn't necessary
- <country> tag gets cut by EMM even if the XML scraper is passing this over to it
- <top250> tag gets cut by EMM even if the XML scraper is passing this over to it