• 7(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
colossusr Wrote:"SQLite error...no such table sources "
and then if i hit OK some other sql errors when the program starts...

I had this problem too and I was fiddling with a number of things, and found that my firewall was blocking Ember's connections. Adding it to the white list was one of the last things I remember doing before Ember began behaving. Might have been a complete coincidence...

Other things I tried were simple, such as hunting down and deleting all old instances and settings, extracting a fresh copy to a new location, etc.
I tried to add a couple of extra genres and cant get them to show up.
they show up in the settings page but are red. Not available in nfo

EDIT:
Sorry forgot to check languages
Everything is working great. Really helping to get things in order. Any way to add extrafanart folder to scraping, in the settings or advanced settings xml
johnny87au Wrote:Thanks tuscani so this version is the latest and works perfect??

anyone? Cool
jeromem75 Wrote:Hi, I am getting a pop up message System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission on either win 7x64 or WHS but I am unsure what to do.
Something about .net.

Ember use to work in ubuntu using mono. Will ember-r still be compatible ?
I`m glad to see it works on my XP yet again Big Grin
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

Thanks for this!

One thing - the tv show scraping is ridiculusly slow... any way of speeding it up? I'm refering to the "getting images" part.

(just tell me what information I need to add, if I haven't provided enough)
Quick question guys, When scraping finishes in Ember media manager do you have to do anything special or just add the movies into XMBC library? Also when adding movies into the library of XMBC do you scan recursively if you've already scraped first with Ember ??
johnny87au Wrote:Quick question guys, When scraping finishes in Ember media manager do you have to do anything special or just add the movies into XBMC library? Also when adding movies into the library of XBMC do you scan recursively if you've already scraped first with Ember ??

Nothing special, just update the library in XBMC. Scanning recursively is only necessary if you have folders within folders. I have it turned on as a "just in case" kinda thing.

Example:

Movies - Action - Matrix - Matrix.avi (needs recursive)
Movies - Matrix - Matrix.avi (doesn't need recursive)
Dont work reading mymovies.xml and also create/save mymovies.xml files.. I have czech ver. Windows 7 x64. In modules i checked enabled media browser compatibility.

Thanks
Folks,

Tuscani has been kind enough to revive Ember, including setting up a source code repository, an editable wiki, a website, and a bug tracking site. So, let's use them.

It is neither wrong nor a crime to create a new bug ticket for a problem you are having with EMM-r. Try it. It's okay, really. What this does is create a "to-do" list for developers of EMM-r to solve your problems. I'm one of the developers, so I'm asking you to PLEASE submit bugs/errors/crashes/problems with EMM-r to SourceForge so they can be addressed effectively.

Also, if you go to the bug ticket tracker, you might find that your problem has already been submitted, or even solved. For example, a few posts in this thread have more to do with XBMC than EMM-r (like, what happens in XBMC after I scrape with EMM-r?). For those solved problems, you can create a new page/section on the wiki as part of the FAQ section so others don't have to struggle as you did.

No matter how trivial you might think, your contribution is valuable. Thanks for your help.
Thanks to you both for picking up development on EMMr. Smile

Re: the previous post, you might to include a similar suggestion (or just copy/paste that note) into the top post on this thread so that it remains somewhere readily viewable. Then in the future you can simply refer people reporting problems to review the first post. (kind of like the XBMC devs who have "how to report about a problem in a useful manner" in their signatures)

Either way, thanks again for working on the project. EMM is still working flawlessly for me so I haven't had to switch over to 'r' yet, but I'm glad to see someone else picking up the torch for the future.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------
nordstar Wrote:I had this problem too and I was fiddling with a number of things, and found that my firewall was blocking Ember's connections. Adding it to the white list was one of the last things I remember doing before Ember began behaving. Might have been a complete coincidence...

Other things I tried were simple, such as hunting down and deleting all old instances and settings, extracting a fresh copy to a new location, etc.

nordstar,

Would you mind creating a page on the wiki FAQ section for this problem?

For example, "I'm getting an 'SQLite error...no such table sources' and then if i hit OK some other sql errors when the program starts..." page on the main wiki, then link it to the solution "Check that your firewall is blocking Ember's connections. Adding it to the white list was one of the last things I remember doing before Ember began behaving."

See the WikiFormatting page for help.
bridgman Wrote:I tried to add a couple of extra genres and cant get them to show up.
they show up in the settings page but are red. Not available in nfo

EDIT:
Sorry forgot to check languages
Everything is working great. Really helping to get things in order. Any way to add extrafanart folder to scraping, in the settings or advanced settings xml

bridgman,

Would you mind creating a page on the wiki FAQ section for this problem?

For example, "I cannot get extra genres to show up (or are otherwise 'red')" page on the main wiki, then link it to the solution "Check that your correct language is chosen under 'preferred languages'". See the WikiFormatting page for help.

Also, would you mind opening a new ticket for "feature requests" to include a folder for extrafanart scraping?
kroem Wrote:Thanks for this!

One thing - the tv show scraping is ridiculusly slow... any way of speeding it up? I'm refering to the "getting images" part.

(just tell me what information I need to add, if I haven't provided enough)

Glad to help. Can you post a screenshot of the "getting images" part? I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are you scraping new movies or TV shows? Or are you reading the current images/info files from your hard drive?
Hi,
I am getting the following error only when Scraping Multiple Movies. This does not happen when I do one at a time:

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x86
Ember Application (Revision: 2461)
Ember API (Revision: 2458)
MediaBrowser Input Module (Revision: 2449)
XBMC Input Module (Revision: 2449)
YAMJ Input Module (Revision: 2449)
MediaBrowser Output Module (Revision: 2449)
XBMC Output Module (Revision: 2449)
YAMJ Output Module (Revision: 2449)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 2449)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 2452)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 2449)
Renamer (Revision: 2449)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 2449)
Media File Manager (Revision: 2449)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 2457)
NMT Jukebox Builder (Revision: 2449)
Notifications (Revision: 2449)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 2449)
Web Server (Revision: 2449)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 2449)
RSS Reader (Revision: 2449)
MediaBrowser Compatibility (Revision: 2449)
YAMJ Compatibility (Revision: 2449)
Genres Editor (Revision: 2449)
Media Sources Editor (Revision: 2449)
Audio & Video Codec Mapping (Revision: 2449)
Ember Native TV Scrapers (Revision: 2452)

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
Message: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at EmberAPI.Images.Save(String sPath, Int64 iQuality)
Date/Time: 1/25/2011 8:06:34 PM
===========================================================================================

Windows 7, On a mapped drive that is on a windows 7 machine. Any ideas?
I have a question that may seem strange but i hope someone can help me out.

I have a folder for my divx movies (xvid) it has 131 movies in it, i have that path set in ember but when i look at only the movies in that path it only shows 66 movies.

Does any one have any idea what can cause that?
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13