• 43(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0
butchabay Wrote:Try again, i think fanart.tv was down ...

Your right,

Its back online... I Should have thought to check the site Blush

Cheers :-)
Hi there
Thanx for 1.2.7!Cool
Just a question... Is it possible to had submenu (genre, actors...) in the custom home menu... maybe in IncludesHomeSubmenu(Horz in my case).xml
@butcha

I've just tested and played with neon.. And I was wondering, is there anyway you could add the ability to play movies, trailers, etc in a small window rather than full screen?

The ability to do this means I can still browse my media and make system changes or read the news etc while still playing a stream or a movie trailer or tv series etc..

I'd love to see this feature added and also the ability to use a weather widget too.

Not sure what the plans are, but these are great little features and I would love to see them in cirrus Big Grin
GuiZ Wrote:Hi there
Thanx for 1.2.7!Cool
Just a question... Is it possible to had submenu (genre, actors...) in the custom home menu... maybe in IncludesHomeSubmenu(Horz in my case).xml

Already there ... be sure they are not hidden ( Systems -- Skin -- Custom Menu -- Movie Submenu )
PatrickBateman Wrote:@butcha

I've just tested and played with neon.. And I was wondering, is there anyway you could add the ability to play movies, trailers, etc in a small window rather than full screen?

The ability to do this means I can still browse my media and make system changes or read the news etc while still playing a stream or a movie trailer or tv series etc..

I'd love to see this feature added and also the ability to use a weather widget too.

Not sure what the plans are, but these are great little features and I would love to see them in cirrus Big Grin

So there have to be always a video window on top playing media, huh i really don't know if i get to work Smile

What do you mean with weather widget ? There is one if you enable the weather com plus dharma addon !
The custom submenu is for movie, addon and TV.
I'm talking about subemnu for the custom items in home menu: custom playlist and custom favorite.
I think i have to add submenu in xml. But how...Huh
butchabay Wrote:So there have to be always a video window on top playing media, huh i really don't know if i get to work Smile

What do you mean with weather widget ? There is one if you enable the weather com plus dharma addon !

Hi,

Yea, they basically have a small window that plays your media rather than in fullscreen. I think it's available in the default skin too "play trailer in window rather than full screen" but neon allows all media to be put in a small window, at any time...

So on the home screen i can have a small clean borderless window playing media, the rss feeds, weather widgets and make system changes or add / up data addons... It's very nice and uses very little system resources.

They also have an incredible TV Guide Shocked it literally searches your media and shows you when the next air date is, time, day, etc etc all on a tv guide on your home page.. Very very nice and useful as it means I can skim past and see that the office is on Thursday at 9 and not have to go to "the office" and check next air date... An very very nice feature.

Te small media window is a huge plus though, my machine is an atom / ion setup and when I have the movies play in the fullscreen window and navigate throughout my menu's it slows to a crawl... But with this mini window it's as fast as ever and does not interfere For others watching the tv etc...

Features I'd Love to see in cirrus extended...

Small window for viewing media (same as neon)
TV GUIDE on home screen (same as neon)
Weather widget on home screen (same as neon)

I'll see if I can find the widget for weather plus... What the weather in neon does, is... It doesn't require you to press the icon, it just pops into the screen when you pass it with the 4 day forecast!

Very nice features but the skins overall looks are not as sleek and polished and mature as yours. Your skin is by far the sleekest skin around, fast, elegant, light, smooth, etc but with these features added, I think my socks may actually blow themselves right off my feet !!!
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi,

Yea, they basically have a small window that plays your media rather than in fullscreen. I think it's available in the default skin too "play trailer in window rather than full screen" but neon allows all media to be put in a small window, at any time...

So on the home screen i can have a small clean borderless window playing media, the rss feeds, weather widgets and make system changes or add / up data addons... It's very nice and uses very little system resources.

They also have an incredible TV Guide Shocked it literally searches your media and shows you when the next air date is, time, day, etc etc all on a tv guide on your home page.. Very very nice and useful as it means I can skim past and see that the office is on Thursday at 9 and not have to go to "the office" and check next air date... An very very nice feature.

Te small media window is a huge plus though, my machine is an atom / ion setup and when I have the movies play in the fullscreen window and navigate throughout my menu's it slows to a crawl... But with this mini window it's as fast as ever and does not interfere For others watching the tv etc...

Features I'd Love to see in cirrus extended...

Small window for viewing media (same as neon)
TV GUIDE on home screen (same as neon)
Weather widget on home screen (same as neon)

I'll see if I can find the widget for weather plus... What the weather in neon does, is... It doesn't require you to press the icon, it just pops into the screen when you pass it with the 4 day forecast!

Very nice features but the skins overall looks are not as sleek and polished and mature as yours. Your skin is by far the sleekest skin around, fast, elegant, light, smooth, etc but with these features added, I think my socks may actually blow themselves right off my feet !!!

I'll see what i can do to satisfy you Smile

About weather widget, see screenshot, this is a new widget for weather.com plus dharma addon i've made yesterday:

The Addon can be downloaded here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=735913&postcount=1
butchabay Wrote:I'll see what i can do to satisfy you Smile

About weather widget, see screenshot, this is a new widget for weather.com plus dharma addon i've made yesterday:

The Addon can be downloaded here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=735913&postcount=1

This is great, very similar indeed. Meaning we can view the weeks weather without having to enter the menu. Fantastic. Thanks for that Big Grin

As for the TV GUIDE and the Small Media Window I'm hoping these features are possible as I honestly can't stress how useful they are.. Just by installing that skin on my test machine today I realise that 2 of my shows are on tonight, and I probably wouldn't have gone into the tv section of extended, then looked for those shows just to see if they were on, on the off chance.

The small media window is an incredible feature though, very very useful. Now I can add addons, configure settings, create playlist, add custom channels to psudeo tv etc while I still watch my fav tv show or movie. That is invaluable as it gives us the ability to multiple task.. It also means you can watch a trailer for one film while still skimming though and looking at your movie list etc if that film is not exactly what you were looking for... On in my case, play the live news 24 while figuring out and reading up on what movie to watch..

An amazing feature and if the skin had half the class of yours I'd honestly use it as my default skin, however it's not as elegant and professional looking. Extended is so sleek, fast and light... The font on extended is pure class, where neon has used comic sans or something and the font looks awful on the tv. However that skin has amazing features, not classy to look at, but dam it's functional!

I really do hope you can get these features implemented as It would honestly change everything ... The ability to have the f1 practice sessions on while setting up playlists and downloading new fan art and covers to my database is invaluable...

This skin is by far the sleekest skin available. That's an absolute! It's classy, and with these features added, well... It would just blow me away!

Fingers crossed, and if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I'll post some screen shots etc if you need them, happily test things, and donate Big Grin

Keep up the good work, I'll flit between extended and neon for the time being, but hopefully that won't be for too long Wink
Hey Pat, i'm sure we'll make you happy Smile

You're suggestions are on the Request List ... See Here:
Fantastic Big Grin

Thanks Butcha, I'm loving those features (as you can tell) but that Neon skin is just not up to the same standard as yours in terms of quality. I'm not bashing it as it's got outstanding features, fast, light etc but it's not elegant and beautiful to look at ... Where upon extended is just beautiful, fluid and responsive.

Keep up the good work, I'm very very grateful for all the work you do, as you have made my HTPC look wonderful and, this skin and my htpc's appearance has caused me the least hassle overall. Meaning this skin is very robust, functional, adaptable and configurable.

Youd probably look at mine and think.."but it's so plain" but that's how I like it Smile
:
I have it set to "slim" and to "clean"
I have 1 beautiful picture (grass in water) for all my backgrounds, so that way they all stay the same and only the text changes Smile
I disable all background fancy stuff such as visualisation etc
I only display a few items on the home screen, not even now playing (until a "clean" version comes along)
I choose rightlistview for ALL my media at the moment...
I basically strip it to be light, fast, simple and elegant and boy does this skin look and feel good.

Im sincerely looking forward to future updates and as I said before, if there is anything I can do, I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it's most definelty appreciated over here Big Grin
Hi... again
Widget for weather plus is so great! In next release?
About weather, it would be great to implement weather fanart condition as in neon or night skin
GuiZ Wrote:The custom submenu is for movie, addon and TV.
I'm talking about subemnu for the custom items in home menu: custom playlist and custom favorite.
I think i have to add submenu in xml. But how...Huh

It's not that simple and i even don't know if it's possible to reference custom submenus ...
hi guys, with recent update, everytime I open Cirrus Extended, I see recently added script fail
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
christoofar Wrote:hi guys, with recent update, everytime I open Cirrus Extended, I see recently added script fail

Could it be you have a nightly build? If so, this skin is not yet for nightly builds.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.07