"sort by date" problem?
Question 
Hello,
I have a movie directory source in xbmc that has subdirectories as well as files

I'd like it to sort by date modified (not in library mode), and it does this mostly, however..

it always groups all the directories together first. so instead of getting a list that's sorted by date, i get a list of directories sorted by date, followed by a list of files sorted by date

is there any way to sort by date without sorting the directories together first? Thanks very much for your help!

Just as an example, the same thing happens in windows explorer:
There's a ticket for this on trac. The consensus is that this is the way it should be. An advanced settings and/or UI setting is likely to be added to allow configurability, but it would apply to ALL sorting types.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:There's a ticket for this on trac. The consensus is that this is the way it should be. An advanced settings and/or UI setting is likely to be added to allow configurability, but it would apply to ALL sorting types.

thank you for the reply. i agree that it should apply for ALL sorting types. what is the ticket number, if you don't mind me asking?

does anyone know any workarounds in the mean time
#10774.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"sort by date" problem?0