[MOD] Sinus - a Cirrus mod

First I want to say thanks to Crookas for creating Cirrus: it's fast, well designed and fanart based! It runs smooth as butter on my atom ion htpc. Great work!

Sinus is mainly focused on some visual modifications, like the button sets used in the OSD's. Instead of the orange colored fonts, you'll find a different type green colored font in Sinus. I have also added some extra functionality, but if you are looking for maximum functionality, check out Cirrus extended by Malexx and Butchabay.

The list of modifications:
-- New OSD button sets
-- New Aeon like font. Cirrus font is still optionable.
-- Aligned weather and time in the upper right corner so it doesn't overlap.
-- Integrated trailers on pressing down, with a notification if it's available.
-- Integrated next episode information, but requires to have next aired script installed and updated.
-- Added landscape support to rightlist view, requires landscape.jpg (thanks to B-fir3!)
-- Updated recently added info. Now shows last 5 items, and their rating.
-- Integrated the logo download script in the settings
-- Integrated TV tunes (optional through settings, requires addon installed)
-- Changed default settings to default horizontal menu and fanart background
-- Added startup sound

To-do / bugs
-- redesign some old confluence leftovers, like the subtitles download window and the scanning windows.
-- when centering the horizontal menu, it will overlap the recently added info.
-- default setting is lower horizontal menu, combine this with default setting to not show logo's and on/off buttons.
-- Next aired script is in the startup file, however the information is not pushed through to the views. You have to manually start the addon first.

Feedback and help is very much appreciated!

Download the modded skin here!

Here's a few screenshots that give you an idea of the changes in Sinus.

cool mod,i like the colors.
The recently added looks better than default too.
Thanx mate, I appreciate your kind feedback. Good work on Cirrus extended too!
Really love it! I adjusted some thing in Rightlist view to be more to my tastes. Here's a screencap:

I moved "Next aired" to the bottom so that if the show has ended there isn't a blank item in the info box. I also added landscape.jpg support and moved all the labels to the right appropriately.
If i see all these new ideas, have to say that Cirrus has potential to become more and more the Nr.1 !!!
Nice work!
butchabay Wrote:If i see all these new ideas, have to say that Cirrus has potential to become more and more the Nr.1 !!!
Nice work!

It's easily become my number one. It's so clean and smooth. Everything is basically perfect. With the mods coming in, adding extra functionality and whatnot, it will only get better. Smile
B-Fir3 Wrote:Really love it! I adjusted some thing in Rightlist view to be more to my tastes. Here's a screencap:

I moved "Next aired" to the bottom so that if the show has ended there isn't a blank item in the info box. I also added landscape.jpg support and moved all the labels to the right appropriately.

Good thinking! Love it. Mind if i incorporate this into sinus? If not can you post the files? Thanx!
Sinvida Wrote:Good thinking! Love it. Mind if i incorporate this into sinus? If not can you post the files? Thanx!

Of course not. I only made changes to ViewsVideoRightlist.xml, so here it is: http://paste2.org/p/1195965

By the way, this is my first time doing any modding or working with skins for XBMC, so I might not have followed coding/modding guidelines or whatever, lol. I think it should be fine though. Wink

edit: Forgot to mention that I didn't include the glossy overlay for the landscape.jpg on show level. You can easily add that in if you like, though.
Where do you get the landscape.jpg's?
Sinvida Wrote:Where do you get the landscape.jpg's?

You can get them here:
http://www.xbmcstuff.com/
butchabay Wrote:You can get them here:
http://www.xbmcstuff.com/

Cool, is there some way of scraping them? Downloading them 1-by-1 is kind of a hassle. Wink

PS: Added your rightlistview to the mod! Thanx for the help!
Sinvida Wrote:Cool, is there some way of scraping them? Downloading them 1-by-1 is kind of a hassle. Wink

I think there was a script for camelot ... i can't say if it was updated for dharma.

The script was XBMC Stuff downloader ...

Maybe you got to search in the relative threads ...
I still can't get the NextAired script to work automatically. But I've made some other changes that you may like.

Home Screen

- Moved time to the left in case of negative temperatures

TV - Show level

*Rightlist View
- Adjusted labels to maintain a unified look
- Added landscape.jpg support

*Bannerwall View

*Fanart View
- Adjusted focus position to center thumb

*Wall View
- Added tv show plot

NextAired

- Added <width> value 450 to prevent long episode names from colliding with network flags

I want to add a toggle option for landscape.jpg, but I'm not really sure how to yet.

That's all I've done for now.
hi,since i have done almost the same landscape settings for our extended mod with option to en and disable you can take it from there:

Of course you have to tweak it for your needs.
in settings.xml
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="1022">
                <description>Enable Landscape.jpg for TV FanartView</description>
                    <width>750</width>
                    <height>40</height>
                    <font>cirrus_20</font>
                    <label>Enable Landscape.jpg for TV FanartView</label>
                    <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                    <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                    <texturefocus flipx="true">listwhitegradient.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>menuitemNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(tvfanart)</onclick>
                    <selected>Skin.HasSetting(tvfanart)</selected>

and for FanartView.xml
Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>630</posx>
                    <posy>10</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">stretch</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true" diffuse="maskfanart.png">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tvfanart)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>630</posx>
                    <posy>10</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">stretch</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true" diffuse="maskfanart.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path]landscape.jpg</texture>
                    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(tvfanart)</visible>
                </control>

same for other views

if you want the settings in the flyout menue you will have to edit myvideoNav.xml
I didn't even realize you had that in there already. That is awesome. Many thanks. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Sinus - a Cirrus mod2