• 266(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-03-17, 21:30)hewligun Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 06:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 01:30)hewligun Wrote: Is it possible to get sportsdevil (firstrowsports) to work with pseudoTV? i have a favorite shortcut on my normal aeon nox to go right to firstrowsports but I cannot seem to find a way to get it to work with pseudotv.

depending on the stream its possible...
/
How can I set it up to test?

Open your favorites.xml file and pull out the stream information that it uses and take that information and put it into a separate .strm file.

For example:

Here's a Vevo video that's in my favorites.xml

<favourite name="Thriller" thumb="http://img.cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/video/C7230B2E9230639DA9BFF5E38D5BDF8A.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=USSM20301507&amp;mode=playVideo&amp;duration=821&quot</favourite>

So - i need to take the stream url out of it (Highlighted in Bold)

And I get this:

plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=USSM20301507&mode=playVideo&duration=821

Take that and save it as a .strm file.

Then it'll play.
(2013-03-17, 22:23)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 21:30)hewligun Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 06:26)Lunatixz Wrote: depending on the stream its possible...
/

Open your favorites.xml file and pull out the stream information that it uses and take that information and put it into a separate .strm file.

For example:

<favourite name="Thriller" thumb="http://img.cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/video/C7230B2E9230639DA9BFF5E38D5BDF8A.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=USSM20301507&amp;mode=playVideo&amp;duration=821&quot</favourite>

And I get this:

Then it'll play.

Hmm that may not really work as the streams will change each time.
(2013-03-17, 22:49)hewligun Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 22:23)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 21:30)hewligun Wrote: /

For example:

And I get this:

Then it'll play.

If the streams change each time - not even the favorites would work - unless you constantly removed and added it as a favorite each time it changed.
(2013-03-17, 06:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 01:30)hewligun Wrote: Is it possible to get sportsdevil (firstrowsports) to work with pseudoTV? i have a favorite shortcut on my normal aeon nox to go right to firstrowsports but I cannot seem to find a way to get it to work with pseudotv.

depending on the stream its possible...

How would one go about doing this? I have some separate STRM files with rtmp:// streams in them, how would I put them into psuedotv?

Also, does anyone know why when I add a directory, it doesn't seem to play all the files, only about 2 of 20 videos show up? I've had to resort to naming them 1x1, 1x2 etc and as scraping them as a random TV show to make them show up in Psuedotv

Thanks for the help, great plugin
(2013-03-17, 22:58)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 22:49)hewligun Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 22:23)Doctor3D Wrote: Open your favorites.xml file and pull out the stream information that it uses and take that information and put it into a separate .strm file.

For example:

And I get this:

Then it'll play.

If the streams change each time - not even the favorites would work - unless you constantly removed and added it as a favorite each time it changed.
Hmm it adds it by genre currently. So that favorite loads up that section on firstrowsports not a specific stream... not sure if that helps anything. so like if i opened that favorite as football i would see yenno whatever football games were going on.
Can someone try 12.1 with their broken m2ts files and see if that fixes it for them? I doubt it, but they do mention fixed binary reading...
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2013-03-19, 00:43)Jason102 Wrote: Can someone try 12.1 with their broken m2ts files and see if that fixes it for them? I doubt it, but they do mention fixed binary reading...

I happen to have a m2ts file that broke PseudoTV's channel population step, will try and test at home tonight.

I also have some errors when loading some mkv files via a nfs share on my windows 7 machine. When using Samba it works fine, very strange. I don't really care about this issue as PseudoTV will run on my Ubuntu box eventually, but I did find it very strange.
Unfortunately I am unable to recreate the m2ts error on XBMC 12.0 so I cannot say if it was fixed as part of 12.1 (it is working on both now)

The mkv over NFS error seems to be there still but at least it does not crash the entire plugin any more, the channel is just empty now.
posted this earlier a few times, even started a seperate thread and have not been able to get any answers. and i've searched for an answer for days. i have a mac mini running frodo, downloaded the latest development version of pseudo tv, plus all my files are either mkv, avi, or mp4. whenever i try to run pseudotv, screen goes black/blank after channeling loading screen. anyone know the fix?
never mind
(2013-03-16, 20:15)XeroKool Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 18:51)prawnee Wrote: Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to add new episodes to my channels without resetting that channel. For example, I have a channel that plays episodes in order from 6-7 different shows. If I add new episodes I have to force channel reset and my episodes restart from s01e01? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quickest way to fix this is to add a rule to not play watched items.

This is something i've always wondered about also and is the only thing holding me from setting up PseudoTV already since i'm constantly adding new episodes to my TV Show collection. The thing is that not all series are going to have the same number of episodes. So adding that rule will result in having some shows no longer play. Anyone come up with a fix?
(2013-03-21, 01:38)gonzo90017 Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 20:15)XeroKool Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 18:51)prawnee Wrote: Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to add new episodes to my channels without resetting that channel. For example, I have a channel that plays episodes in order from 6-7 different shows. If I add new episodes I have to force channel reset and my episodes restart from s01e01? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quickest way to fix this is to add a rule to not play watched items.

This is something i've always wondered about also and is the only thing holding me from setting up PseudoTV already since i'm constantly adding new episodes to my TV Show collection. The thing is that not all series are going to have the same number of episodes. So adding that rule will result in having some shows no longer play. Anyone come up with a fix?

huh?
If you want new shows make a playlist have it add content from within the week or month...
then create a channel to force reset, you can also add play in order...

If you want latest downloads.. make a playlist have it add by date added...
create a channel to force reset and filter watched shows...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I was hoping for some insight to get PseudoTV performing well. I recently built what I thought was a pretty decent HTPC:

i3-3225
onboard HD 4000 graphics
8gb ram
SS boot drive
3 x 3tb in raid 5 for media
win 8, Frodo, Aeon MQ4, stable-pre
new build so barely any other programs installed

I only have movies. 720p and 1080p mkvs.

PseudoTV works but all movies are lagged like they're playing in slow mo. I get about 2 frames a second. The guide and changing channels are slow as well. Turning on the web server didn't make a difference. Feels like resources are maxed but task manager says CPU and memory usage are fine. Not sure how to check the onboard graphic usage.

Any suggestions? Anything wrong with my build? Would getting a dedicated video card help?
Need some help here.. I used a 3rd party app to try and setup my channels on Frodo back when the layout was still horribly broken and the editor was unusable. Since then I have removed and reinstalled a number of different versions, both from the XBMC official repo, the stable github, and the development version. The channel editor now seems to work fine, but no matter what I do, when I start PTV, every line in the EPG is the same. I have 3 channels configured right now. The EPG only shows 1 of them, and it shows it no less than 6 times. Because they are all identical, I have no idea if I am scrolling up or down so there could be many more than 6 instances listed. I have a feeling I need to just remove all traces of PTV and start fresh, but am not sure where everything is stored.

Soo.. basically, how does one get rid of EVERYTHING for PTV and start fresh?

PS - How about some updates on the dev blog? Been a year and a half now since there has been any activity there. A 400 page thread is a real PITA to find anything in.

*EDIT* Found the settings in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data
Quote:huh?
If you want new shows make a playlist have it add content from within the week or month...
then create a channel to force reset, you can also add play in order...

If you want latest downloads.. make a playlist have it add by date added...
create a channel to force reset and filter watched shows...

Like the previous poster said. If you reset the channel it goes back to S01 EP1. I would like a way for PseudoTV to add shows automatically without going back to the beginning. I assume the only way to do this is by adding the rule to not play watched items?
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25