• 202(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-07-07, 15:02)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 06:28)teeshapie Wrote: Some of my tv shows aren't in any of my playlists. Eg. Buffy the vampire slayer should be in sci-fi but it isn't in there. Is there a way to include a single show or remove a single show from a smart playlist. I tried putting rule buffy, tv show contains but then my whole playlist went away.

Help!

Hello,

You can fix this problem in at least 2 ways. You can go in and fix your genre tags in the shows themselves. I use HeidiSQL and can go directly into the XBMC database to make the changes. This way they take effect immediately. You can also change the genre tags in your show nfo files. If you do it this way, you will have to refresh each show for the new settings to take effect.
The other way to do what you need is to make your own "Smartplaylist" and use them to create your channels. Doing it this way will give you total control over what plays in each channel as you can include whatever shows that you want.
If you go through this thread, there are many examples of how to make these playlist.

Mark

I've tried both of these options (editing the tags, and creating smart lists). Neither of those are adding any HD content to my channels. Even when I try to create a new channel based on a genre containing only HD content, it will just ignore it. When I go and load the playlist as normal through xbmc, it shows I do have movies in it. I could be doing something totally obviously wrong, but I really don't know anymore. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem.
(2012-07-08, 01:34)dfa82 Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 15:02)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 06:28)teeshapie Wrote: Some of my tv shows aren't in any of my playlists. Eg. Buffy the vampire slayer should be in sci-fi but it isn't in there. Is there a way to include a single show or remove a single show from a smart playlist. I tried putting rule buffy, tv show contains but then my whole playlist went away.

Help!

Hello,

You can fix this problem in at least 2 ways. You can go in and fix your genre tags in the shows themselves. I use HeidiSQL and can go directly into the XBMC database to make the changes. This way they take effect immediately. You can also change the genre tags in your show nfo files. If you do it this way, you will have to refresh each show for the new settings to take effect.
The other way to do what you need is to make your own "Smartplaylist" and use them to create your channels. Doing it this way will give you total control over what plays in each channel as you can include whatever shows that you want.
If you go through this thread, there are many examples of how to make these playlist.

Mark

I've tried both of these options (editing the tags, and creating smart lists). Neither of those are adding any HD content to my channels. Even when I try to create a new channel based on a genre containing only HD content, it will just ignore it. When I go and load the playlist as normal through xbmc, it shows I do have movies in it. I could be doing something totally obviously wrong, but I really don't know anymore. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

Are you talking about TVShows or Movies or are you trying to put both in a channel?

Mark
(2012-07-08, 14:35)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 01:34)dfa82 Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 15:02)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

Mark

Are you talking about TVShows or Movies or are you trying to put both in a channel?

Mark

No, I was just trying to do a movie channel with a smart playlist. I ended up getting this resolved reloading all of the channels on the next start up. Not sure why, but now it looks like it's loading everything.

I have an 11 TB media server at home. Psuedo has been an awesome addition for me!

I am down to 300GB of free space and in order to grow my storage I have several hoops to jump through. We mainly use Psuedo for my son so that he has a channel with kid friendly content and we don't have to run in and put something else on once his current show is over.

It would be hightly beneficial if Psuedo were able to pull content from Netflix and/or Amazon Prime. I would then be able to cut my back catalog drastically and free up room on my media server.

Is this something that has been discussed or on the list of future improvements or can it be implemented today as Psuedo stands?!
I was wondering if it's possible to stream bumpers or theatrical trailers from YouTube in PseudoTV?

If not then is there a way I can store the trailers/bumpers somewhere outside of 'TV shows' and 'Movies' so not to clutter these directories?

Thanks!
(2012-07-09, 15:17)Theknight4041 Wrote: I was wondering if it's possible to stream bumpers or theatrical trailers from YouTube in PseudoTV?

If not then is there a way I can store the trailers/bumpers somewhere outside of 'TV shows' and 'Movies' so not to clutter these directories?

Thanks!

hey.
create a folder with bumpers and trailers.

select a channel, select as directory.
under advance rules select "do not show this channel

in the channels you want to integrate it -> under advance rules select "integrate this channel"

thats it
(2012-07-08, 23:49)rifken Wrote: I have an 11 TB media server at home. Psuedo has been an awesome addition for me!

I am down to 300GB of free space and in order to grow my storage I have several hoops to jump through. We mainly use Psuedo for my son so that he has a channel with kid friendly content and we don't have to run in and put something else on once his current show is over.

It would be hightly beneficial if Psuedo were able to pull content from Netflix and/or Amazon Prime. I would then be able to cut my back catalog drastically and free up room on my media server.

Is this something that has been discussed or on the list of future improvements or can it be implemented today as Psuedo stands?!

You can .. kinda get it to scrape Netflix and other plugins but it's not necessarily the easiest to setup or the most bug-free with the XBMC MyLibrary tool.
Awesome find! MyLibrary is just what I was looking for!

I have it scraping media and adding it to my library. If I enable IceLibrary Videos I can get Pseudo to create channels using the strm files but the problem I encounter is that it only plays the intro to the show, in the case of american dad it plays the so fox intro and then jumps to the next show in the list. It doesn't actually play the next part of the clip.

If I play the episode from my library it works just fine, it plays the intro, a quick commerical, and then the episode...

Any advice?!
Im talking about tv shows. I figured it out. It was how I was saying not and is wrong in the settings. Is there a way to make a channel called teen or crime, which aren't genres but I would like to make playlists about them. Can I make a smart playlist where I can pick which shows go in which playlist. So all my teen shows like glee, degrassi, the oc and so forth go into an individual playlist rather than them going into the drama playlist. Thanks
(2012-07-11, 10:08)teeshapie Wrote: Im talking about tv shows. I figured it out. It was how I was saying not and is wrong in the settings. Is there a way to make a channel called teen or crime, which aren't genres but I would like to make playlists about them. Can I make a smart playlist where I can pick which shows go in which playlist. So all my teen shows like glee, degrassi, the oc and so forth go into an individual playlist rather than them going into the drama playlist. Thanks

Hello,

It is very simple to do. Create a playlist that resembles this, you can even just copy this one and insert your own shows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>Teeshapie Playlist</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Bones</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Burn Notice</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Covert Affairs</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Criminal Minds</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Insert whatever show names that you want where my shownames are. Be careful with shows with "the" in the name. They may need to be named as such "OC, The". Throw this into a text file, I use Notepad++ to do my channel editing. Save the file with an *.xsp suffix, and you should be good to go. You can select this in a channel as a "Playlist" Channel. you can also use the various channel rules that Jason has given us. For instance, you may want to use "Only show unplayed videos". The name tags <name></name> is what determines the channel name, in this case the channel will be called "Teeshapie Playlist". Change it to what you want.
Of course you can also make these playlists from within XBMC itself, which some people find easier to do.
This should get you on your way, if not, let us know what is not working.

Mark
(2012-07-11, 13:04)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-11, 10:08)teeshapie Wrote: Im talking about tv shows. I figured it out. It was how I was saying not and is wrong in the settings. Is there a way to make a channel called teen or crime, which aren't genres but I would like to make playlists about them. Can I make a smart playlist where I can pick which shows go in which playlist. So all my teen shows like glee, degrassi, the oc and so forth go into an individual playlist rather than them going into the drama playlist. Thanks

Hello,

It is very simple to do. Create a playlist that resembles this, you can even just copy this one and insert your own shows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>Teeshapie Playlist</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Bones</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Burn Notice</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Covert Affairs</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Criminal Minds</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Insert whatever show names that you want where my shownames are. Be careful with shows with "the" in the name. They may need to be named as such "OC, The". Throw this into a text file, I use Notepad++ to do my channel editing. Save the file with an *.xsp suffix, and you should be good to go. You can select this in a channel as a "Playlist" Channel. you can also use the various channel rules that Jason has given us. For instance, you may want to use "Only show unplayed videos". The name tags <name></name> is what determines the channel name, in this case the channel will be called "Teeshapie Playlist". Change it to what you want.
Of course you can also make these playlists from within XBMC itself, which some people find easier to do.
This should get you on your way, if not, let us know what is not working.

Mark

To add to what mwkurt is saying, you can also do the same thing via the smart playlist editor within XBMC. You don't have to manually create and edit the file yourself.
How would I do this through using smart playlist? I tried to do this through smart playlist editor and it didn't work. putting smartplaylist as episodes, then going rule tv show is glee, then tv show is oc. It didnt come up with anything in the playlist. This is so frustrating
I worked it out!! Finally. I had to say comply to one or more of these rules not all of the rules thats why it wasn't working.

Thanks everyone for your help

Big Grin
(2012-07-11, 14:51)teeshapie Wrote: I worked it out!! Finally. I had to say comply to one or more of these rules not all of the rules thats why it wasn't working.

Big Grin

Glad to hear it!

Mark
(2012-07-11, 14:51)teeshapie Wrote: I worked it out!! Finally. I had to say comply to one or more of these rules not all of the rules thats why it wasn't working.

Big Grin

That has bit me in the rear before too. Glad you figured it out.
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25