• 4(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
moontan77 Wrote:btw, does anyone know if the tv studio field is something that is saved in the database? how do skins know a tv show if broadcast on a certain channel?
The reason I am asking is it would be nice to be able to create for example a HBO channel.

+1
I would like to know that too.
I highlight the tv show I want (and i can see the episode information) and then click ok. The episode that plays is not the tv show that was highlighted though. Seems to be playing the previous tv show listed in the epg.

this is the smart playlist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>TV Comedy Channel</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">comedy</rule>
<limit>500</limit>
<order direction="descending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
Hmmm. I'll try and reproduce it. If you get a chance, can you turn on a debug log, start up the script, reproduce this issue, then send me the log? Hopefully I can see the same issue without needing it, but if you get a chance it may prove helpful.

One more question: are you using keyboard or mouse to navigate the EPG?
psike Wrote:+1
I would like to know that too.

As would i. I just pusted the question in the main "help" forum to see if such a thing is possible, since that's the main thing i'd use this script for.

Actually, my ideal goal down the line, and i don't know if it's even possible, is to completely create a "cut the cable wire" solution by loading in my local tv listings, seeing if the episodes that are currently on "real" tv are available, and if so, showing them. if not, then the script substitutes a random episode from the same season (or failing that, just a random episode). If it could get to that level, i really wouldn't need cable at all anymore, since really the only reason i keep it around now is to watch random episodes of things when i can't decide what to watch, but having it similar to "real" tv would be AMAZING. I just started messing with this script, and i can already see HUGE potential, so thank you so much for creating it!
I'm using an mce remote. Does the script have its own debug log or do you mean xbmc?

btw i just noticed you have a newer version of the script up. I was using the original one.

Heres debug log from xbmc. I scrolled down to channel 5 on my epg and selected a tv show 2 across from the first show listed. The show it played was the first show listed.

http://pastebin.com/LA4rpHeb

this show seems to be causing problems but this was the actual show it played

19:38:31 T:3078391696 M:505729024 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file \home\xbmc3\.xbmc\userdata\addon_data\script.PseudoTV\cache\In the capital, Manila, population pressure has led to some surprising consequences. The city's largest cemetery has become home to a thriving community, who look after the tombs of the rich but also have their own schools and shops. The country is still in some political turmoil and a long-running communist insurgence has led to allegations of illegal killings by the army. Simon meets a general known as 'The Butcher'.
Wow, that is some sort of special weirdness that you have going on there. Yea, try the newest version and see if you have the same problem. If you do, then I'll look into this a bit more.
ye still the same with new version, that particular show it lists in the log is the problem for some reason.

I got the playlist to ignore the problem show and it works ok now.
This is going to come off wrong, but: what's the point of this plugin?

I mean, it sounds like a great idea (when you have a huge media collection, you often spend more time trying to figure out what to watch than actually watching anything), but I just don't "get it".

Here's my hang-up. Let's say I have a "70's and 80's sitcoms" channel. I've seen most of them before, so it doesn't matter if they're out of order. But, if I have a "current sitcoms" channel, I want to watch the shows in the order they aired. So, will this channel only offer up the episodes in order or will it randomize the whole list so that it might put Modern Family S02E03 before Modern Family S02E01?

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm intruiged by the plug-in and am just not clear how it would work for me.

TIA
For a HD movie channel add video resolution greater than 719 (it still seems to list hd movies that are not exactly 1280x720, e.g 1280x688).

seen it posted here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=674564&postcount=5
@dvdapex: It's a perfectly reasonable question, and actually one a good friend of mine asked me. We talked about it for a while and it all boiled down to the fact that we watch TV in different ways. When he turns on the TV he plans on watching something very specific...some movie, a recorded show, or whatever. But he has a plan. When I turn on the TV it is primarily as background noise. Of course I'll flip through the channels and find something I actually want to watch, but I don't have anything in particular that needs to be on.

Since my wife and I will be getting rid of cable soon, this sounded like a good alternative. I don't have much need to watch the sitcoms I have in order, so that's not a problem, either.

Essentially, if it doesn't make sense to you, then it probably won't be useful to you.
@moontan77: It looks like I might have screwed up making the channel playlist. Can you go into the userdata/addon_data/script.PseudoTV/cache directory and post the file channel_5.m3u?
@Jason102, sent you a pm with a link to that file.

Tried the script with my downstairs xbmc, and am getting errors on playlists that work fine on the upstairs pc. The libraries might not be 100% the same but they should have all the same tv shows scanned in that are picked up by the tvdb scanner Sad.

Is it possible for the script to ignore videos that it cant get duration from instead of showing the error when loading?
dvdapex Wrote:This is going to come off wrong, but: what's the point of this plugin?

I mean, it sounds like a great idea (when you have a huge media collection, you often spend more time trying to figure out what to watch than actually watching anything), but I just don't "get it".

Here's my hang-up. Let's say I have a "70's and 80's sitcoms" channel. I've seen most of them before, so it doesn't matter if they're out of order. But, if I have a "current sitcoms" channel, I want to watch the shows in the order they aired. So, will this channel only offer up the episodes in order or will it randomize the whole list so that it might put Modern Family S02E03 before Modern Family S02E01?

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm intruiged by the plug-in and am just not clear how it would work for me.

TIA

I've tried to get this work once, tried everything i know with sql and stuff to have this option but couldn't figure this out.
maybe now with this script released someone else gonna give it a try.
It actually will ignore individual episodes that don't have a duration. Hmmm...one problem you may run into, though, is if it can't get a duration for any file in a playlist.
@psike and dvdapex: It's worth noting that the channel order will be based on the playlist order. If you setup the playlist so that it plays all episodes in their broadcast order, the channel will maintain that.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25