• 101(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Quite right, I have to catch that event and make it happen. I honestly haven't messed with it since I've been busy with other features. I've added that to my to-do list, though, so it should get done...sometime.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Jason,
Is it possible to change the time labels at the top of EPG from "standard" time to the time setting chosen in xbmc settings?
It now shows "06:00" in stead of "18:00". Could also be 06:00 AM or PM.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sranshaft Wrote:It's now up to addons to program that functionality so Jason would have to add an event for it. This may cause some problems though with getting back into PseudoTV from the home screen but Jason would be better equipped to answer that concern.
Jason102 Wrote:Quite right, I have to catch that event and make it happen. I honestly haven't messed with it since I've been busy with other features. I've added that to my to-do list, though, so it should get done...sometime.

Thanks alot Smile

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
whats the latest app with all the new features I have been searching for the app you have on your website but I can not find it.I am running 1.2.1 but I dont see the functions you have on the new app on your website
PCBuilder Wrote:whats the latest app with all the new features I have been searching for the app you have on your website but I can not find it.I am running 1.2.1 but I dont see the functions you have on the new app on your website

It's in the repo / stable-pre (got to from the switch branches drop down list)

Here is a direct link..
https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...stable-pre

Just remember this is mainly used for testing and some things could be broken.
Machine-Sanctum: This is a skin setting, I don't control it. If you go into the skin itself, there may be a way to change it.
Jason102 Wrote:Machine-Sanctum: This is a skin setting, I don't control it. If you go into the skin itself, there may be a way to change it.

Our skins or main skin? I'd change that option too.
Nothing to see here....
Jason102 Wrote:Machine-Sanctum: This is a skin setting, I don't control it. If you go into the skin itself, there may be a way to change it.

I already looked but maybe i missed it. I'll search again.

EDIT:
As far as i can tell all the skin have the same time displayed.
When i search in the code in EPGwindow.py i find this which i think defines how it's displayed:
Code:
# set the time labels
    def setTimeLabels(self, thetime):
        self.log('setTimeLabels')
        now = datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(thetime)
        self.getControl(104).setLabel(now.strftime('%A, %b %d'))
        delta = datetime.timedelta(minutes=30)

for i in range(3):
            self.getControl(101 + i).setLabel(now.strftime("%I:%M"))
            now = now + delta

self.log('setTimeLabels return')

And the skin just calls for the timelabel
Oh shit, who knew...I forgot all about that code. Huh. Yea, I'll add it to my to-do list.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I already looked but maybe i missed it. I'll search again.

EDIT:
As far as i can tell all the skin have the same time displayed.
When i search in the code in EPGwindow.py i find this wich i think difines how it's displayed:
Code:
# set the time labels
    def setTimeLabels(self, thetime):
        self.log('setTimeLabels')
        now = datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(thetime)
        self.getControl(104).setLabel(now.strftime('%A, %b %d'))
        delta = datetime.timedelta(minutes=30)

for i in range(3):
            self.getControl(101 + i).setLabel(now.strftime("%I:%M"))
            now = now + delta

self.log('setTimeLabels return')

From what I remember %I should return the international hour scheme meaning it returns the hour based on what is set in XBMC. So if XBMC is set, for example, to Australia 24-hour time it'll return 16:00. Whereas if it's set to Australia 12-hour time it'll return 4:00.
Jason102 Wrote:Oh shit, who knew...I forgot all about that code. Huh. Yea, I'll add it to my to-do list.

Well can't remember everything :o

Sranshaft Wrote:From what I remember %I should return the international hour scheme meaning it returns the hour based on what is set in XBMC. So if XBMC is set, for example, to Australia 24-hour time it'll return 16:00. Whereas if it's set to Australia 12-hour time it'll return 4:00.
It doesn't.
Code:
%I         Hour (12-hour clock) as a decimal number [01,12].
So i have to change it to "%H" to get 24hour time.
Don't know how it handled in xbmc to the "$INFO[System.Time]"
We could add this to the first time label of the skin. However i don't know how to add the +30 minutes to the next to labels.
Same goes for the dtodays date.
For now i know how to change it to display the local time format.
Just have to remind my self that when i update from your git to change the time again until it's implemented.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It doesn't.

Ah well, that's disappointing. I was hoping it'd be an easy fix. Jason will figure something out though. Nod
Ok, 24-hour clock is now available, along with channel sharing (multiple computers using the same set of channels).
I've searched this forum for a couple days now and I haven't been able to find answers to a couple of my problems.

1. Is there a good way to have a serial mode for custom playlists? I prefer making all my own channels with smart playlists, but there are a couple where I'd love for my shows to show up in a random order, but have the episodes of each show play in their correct order.

2. I was also wondering what I'm doing wrong as far as creating playlists with tv shows and movies in them? In my example, I'm trying to do a Star Trek channel with the original series, the Next Generation and all the movies in a channel. What is my playlist supposed to be set at (episodes, movies, tv shows)? I haven't been able to find a detailed explanation about how creating a mixed tv show and movie playlist is done.

Thanks for any help, and thank you SOOOO much for this add-on!!! Seriously, this is the first time I've ever seen my wife get actually giddy about technology. She usually doesn't care about a single thing, but her enthusiasm for creating channels and using XBMC now that we have this has been astounding!! So thanks!!
lboyce Wrote:I've searched this forum for a couple days now and I haven't been able to find answers to a couple of my problems.

1. Is there a good way to have a serial mode for custom playlists? I prefer making all my own channels with smart playlists, but there are a couple where I'd love for my shows to show up in a random order, but have the episodes of each show play in their correct order.

2. I was also wondering what I'm doing wrong as far as creating playlists with tv shows and movies in them? In my example, I'm trying to do a Star Trek channel with the original series, the Next Generation and all the movies in a channel. What is my playlist supposed to be set at (episodes, movies, tv shows)? I haven't been able to find a detailed explanation about how creating a mixed tv show and movie playlist is done.

Thanks for any help, and thank you SOOOO much for this add-on!!! Seriously, this is the first time I've ever seen my wife get actually giddy about technology. She usually doesn't care about a single thing, but her enthusiasm for creating channels and using XBMC now that we have this has been astounding!! So thanks!!

Hello,

I have made sort of an explanation on page 144 of this thread if you care to look. It will tell you how to do what you want to do in your point number 1.
As for number 2, You need to create a playlist for moves based on whatever ever criteria you want, say genre. Add that to the mixed playlist as described on page 144.

Hope this helps!

Mark
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25