Could somebody pls help me to configure my generic ir rc?
i bought a generic remote control from ebay (the ones sold for 1$) and its working very well and all of the bottuns are functunion properly, accept to the color ones (red,green,yellow,blue) whene i press thos bottuns all i get is a massege in the upper screen that says : key X bottun ...
my question is,how do i configure xbmc to do something with these bottuns (like red = info , blue = subs etc.) ?
i have tried all kind of stuff like editing the keymaps layout , but i realy do not understand XML and i dont want to mess something up with the softwere, and there are two folders called "keymaps" - one is located in C:/programs files.../Xbmc and one is on ...Roaming/Xbmc so i dont real know which one of them to edit...
Grab my keymap editor from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ as this does all the hard work for you.

JR
thx! ...but which one of the files i should edit...?
tovtov22 Wrote:thx! ...but which one of the files i should edit...?

Just run KeyMapEdit, add any mappings that you want to add or change, click File, Save then OK. Then start XBMC!

Any mappings you define in this way override or add to the default mappings. That means you don't have to redefine every key in your new keyboard.xml file. Just add any keys you want to redefine or any new keys you want to add.

KeyMapEdit will save the new keymap to %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml. This is where you should put your changes. Don't edit that master keyboard.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMCsystem\keymaps.

JR

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could somebody pls help me to configure my generic ir rc?0