-- Frame Drops/Stuttering -- 1080 Video
Hello all! I am about at wits end for trying to figure out this problem. What is going on is all standard def and 720p video plays back perfectly fine with 0 dropped frames or stuttering. As soon as I play a 1080 I randomly get dropped frames and what looks like stuttering on the playback. This happens especially bad with a couple of my 1080 videos. (at the same spots in the videos each time) Today I just reinstalled Ubuntu and XBMC and had the same exact results.

I tested the videos on my buddies Atom machine and they play flawlessly with the same OS and XBMC version.

Also so you know, I'm fairly new to Linux so I may struggle a little with that.

--------------------------------------------------------

I've tried going through this post with no luck:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88063

---------------------------------------

Here's the System:

AMD Athlon X2 4000+
2 Gigs DDR2
EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb
Videos playing off of WD 2TB green drive
Ubuntu 10.10
XBMC Dharma 10 (2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1)
Nvidia driver version - 260.19.06
libvdpau Version .4-5ubuntu1

----------------------------------------
Current XBMC Settings:

Render method - auto detect
Allow hardware acceleration VDPAU = Yes
adjust display refresh rate to match video = no
sync playback to display = no
video post-processing = disabled

The video that I am having the most difficulty with is a 6gig 1080 MKV

Things I've Tried:

-XBMC Freak Bootable CD -Same Results
-XBMC Live Bootable CD -Same Results
-Checked to make sure I have the current Version of libvdpau
-Messed with the settings inside of XBMC -(tried every combination..none worked)
-Reinstalled ubuntu

Things I havn't tried:
-Updating Nvidia drivers (Well I did try it...but I think it goofed it and it would only let me boot to the terminal, this is actually the reason I reinstalled ubuntu..haha. So I am sort of afraid to try it again)
-Have not tried XBMC 9.11 (I would like to give it a shot but I'm not sure how to download and install that older version)

Log:

http://pastebin.com/KtDjLfRs

(Started xbmc...turned on debugging...played the video. Stopped it right after the point where it drops a bunch frames.)

One thing that did help quite a bit is when I turned off "Vertical blank sync" but now my videos are tearing really bad and i'm still dropping frames when there is a ton of bright stuff on the screen or a lot of motion.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Edit:

One thing I do notice when I hit "O" while it is playing a movie is that right before it drops frames it says "VCPU" is at 99% and cpu 0 and 1 bounce between 50% and 80%. Is vcpu my video card cpu? And if so how is that possible that a video is maxing out my 8800?
jhiggy Wrote:EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb
Allow hardware acceleration VDPAU = Yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

No vdpau support in G80 8800.
Holy Crap you're my hero. Who knew!? I've been pulling out my hair on this for 4 days now and at least I can sleep good tonight knowing that a 40 dollar card will solve all my problems. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
-- Frame Drops/Stuttering -- 1080 Video0