Double FPS deinterlacing / deinterlacer?
Question 
Hi all

Posted this on general help , didn't get any reply , maybe this is the more appropriate place to post this.

Lately i started recording local tv shows (DVBT) using media portal on my "server" machine.

It works just fine and stores the shows as TS file.
The broadcast here is using mpeg4 in 576I @50HZ format.

I noticed that watching the files on vlc/media portal is smoother than watching them on xbmc.

My guess is it is because of XBMC only output 25fps after deinterlacing , and not 50fps.

I didn't find any settings for changing this behavior.

Am i correct with my finding ? any plans in the future to implement this feature ? playing only "half" of the frames kinda gives very poor watching experience...
Is playing interlaced files properly is not that important for any1 ?Sad
The bob deinterlacer on opengl does this, and so do the VDPAU deinterlacers.
Hmm

The main xbmc windows distro uses DirectX right ? so i need to switch to opengl version to enjoy this feature ? any other cons/pros on using opengl version xbmc ?

Thanks for you reply
You won't get DXVA2 support, and it's not officially supported.
bobo1on1,
Any plans or chances of getting other deinterlacing modes on the DX version? I know I am probably one of the few but I have so many DVDs where the authors took 24fps film and made it into 30fps. Unless I use bob on those they look like garbage.

I think I have spoken to you and CrystalP about this in the past. Just thought Id try again for the heck of it.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
That would require an inverse telecine deinterlacer, those are rather difficult to make.
Would yadif work in the same way and require the same thing?
Same as what?
Same as bob, as in that it would require inverse telecine deinterlacer. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
No, it doesn't.
An inverse telecine deinterlacer basically selects the correct fields to recreate the old progressive frames.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double FPS deinterlacing / deinterlacer?0