Everything working except "use as remote control"
I tried the app today and stumbled upon a strange problem.

Everything is working fine, updating, downloading covers, poster, selecting music, movies and tv series. Just one strange thing "Use as Remote Control" isn' working.

I downloaded another xbmc app (SlickRemote) where the remote control workes, but it has not half as much features.

I took a look into the xbmc log, but couldn't see anything there (probably because it isn't receiving any commands). Does the android have an debug log, which could contain useful information or does anybody have an idea, what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Found the solution, I had to turn on "Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc". Seems that the other app is using an different approach sending the commands.
I'm having the same problem. I can browse my media and start playing something but I have no controls after that (can't pause, stop, play, next, etc). XBMC seems great but I really need the remote control functions, otherwise it isn't very useful for me.
I'm having the exact same problem as Red914.

"Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc" is ON.

Update: Got it working. Red914: In Android, set your EventServer port (in the XMBC host that you set up for your computer) back to 9777. If it's already 9777 and you're connecting from outside your LAN, you probably need to set port forwarding for 9777 to your media server.
I just sorted this exact thing out myself.

Had to do both, set to 9777 in settings, and forward that port in my router.

works !
Big Grin 
clevinger Wrote:"Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc" is ON.

This is the answer I needed. Thank you so much! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Everything working except "use as remote control"0