Revo 3610 won't wake from susped?
Hi all,

I was running v9 on a revo 3600, but for dharma i've installed it on a 3610 that I had. The v9/3600 works perfectly in every way, the v10 seems excellent, but I have one niggly problem, the 3610 goes into suspend but won't wake up?

I've checked the BIOS, wake on USB + PCI are both enabled, it's set as S3 on suspend. The box goes into suspend ok (glowing white light), but nothing wakes it up, no mouse, keyboard or IR remote event. Only way to wake it up is by pressing the power/light button and whooosh, back it comes.

I've flashed latest 3610 ( P01-A4L) BIOS, that made no difference. I'm at a loss as to what else to try really, any suggestions?

Many thanks
What is the output of the following command:

Code:
cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
SMB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:03.2
USB0      S3     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2      S3     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.1
NMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0a.0
PBB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
HDAC      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:08.0
XVR0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:0c.0
XVR1      S4     disabled
P0P5      S4     disabled
P0P6      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:15.0
P0P7      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:16.0
P0P8      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:17.0
P0P9      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:18.0
Ah thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i read up on that file and seems that

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

sorted it out, although seems i have to do it at every boot.

Next problem is once it comes out of wakeup, i loose my audio Sad
To avoid doing it every reboot, add the commands into your /etc/rc.local file.

Not sure about the audio issue, I don't have that problem myself. What are your audio settings? Also double check the alsamixer to ensure that the volume isnt being muted at any point.
Thanks Mindzai, added to rc.local Smile (i'm a bit of a linux n00b)

The alsamixer seems to mute my hdmi channels when it comes out of standby?
You could use amixer to unmute the relevant channel after you resume from standby. However a better solution is probably to try to track down the cause of the mute.

I'd have a look through the files in /etc/pm/sleep.d and /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d to see if anything is muting.

If you want to add your own commands to be run after resume, create an executable file in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d called 97unmute (or whatever) and add the following:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in

hibernate|suspend)
#nothing
;;

thaw|resume)
# unmute
amixer set -c 0 Master 70 unmute
;;

*)
;;

esac

Replacing 'Master' in the above with the name of your HDMI channel (you can find this from alsamixer). You may also need to change the card number from 0 to something else (1 probably) if the command doesnt work.

None of this was necessary for me though, and I'm using the same hardware so I'm not sure why youre having this issue in the first place.
Thank you very much for that Mindzai, it's very much appreciated. I'll try and track down why it's happening, but i'm very grateful that you took the time to paste that script in there.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3610 won't wake from susped?0